PC Crash Black screen beeping sounds in VR

WinChickD

hey guys today for some reason when im playing steamvr and playing bullets and more my pc keeps crashing to a black screen with beeping sounds and i have to restart it to get it working again it runs fine on games like fortnite and non vr titles (did happen on bennett foddy though) any ideas would be appreciated!

PC Specs

CPU: i7 8700k

GPU gtx 1070 msi

RAM: 16gb ballistix sport

PSU: EVGA g2 600w

Cooler: h100i v2

Drives: 960evo, 850evo, 2tb seagate

1 minute ago, WinChickD said:

hey guys today for some reason when im playing steamvr and playing bullets and more my pc keeps crashing to a black screen with beeping sounds and i have to restart it to get it working again it runs fine on games like fortnite and non vr titles (did happen on bennett foddy though) any ideas would be appreciated!

PC Specs

CPU: i7 8700k

GPU gtx 1070 msi

RAM: 16gb ballistix sport

PSU: EVGA g2 600w

Cooler: h100i v2

Drives: 960evo, 850evo, 2tb seagate

Oculus Rift or HTC Vive?

Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

Oculus Rift or HTC Vive?

oculus using the new beta core 2.0

Just now, WinChickD said:

oculus using the new beta core 2.0

That's your problem right there.

It's beta.

It's glitchy as hell.

I've had ridiculous problems since I activated the public test channel especially with steamvr games.

Steamvr just did an update for Core 2.0 though so try that first.

If that doesn't work, I recommend deactivating the beta for now.

Also, check your cables at every point just in case. Unplug and plug them back in. Even under the facial interface which you can take off like this: 

Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

That's your problem right there.

It's beta.

It's glitchy as hell.

I've had ridiculous problems since I activated the public test channel especially with steamvr games.

Steamvr just did an update for Core 2.0 though so try that first.

If that doesn't work, I recommend deactivating the beta for now.

Also, check your cables at every point just in case. Unplug and plug them back in. Even under the facial interface which you can take off like this: 

thanks dude will try it now yeah ive noticed ive been having a lot of glitches with this beta update hence why its beta lol :P 

Just now, WinChickD said:

thanks dude will try it now yeah ive noticed ive been having a lot of glitches with this beta update hence why its beta lol :P 

Yea, you should really only have it active right now if you're f****d in the head like me and actually enjoy troubleshooting :P

8 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Yea, you should really only have it active right now if you're f****d in the head like me and actually enjoy troubleshooting :P

yeah man just disabled it and shit is running a lot nicer games are not crashing anymore :D ill let you know if it does though thanks alot!

6 minutes ago, WinChickD said:

yeah man just disabled it and shit is running a lot nicer games are not crashing anymore :D ill let you know if it does though thanks alot!

No problem. Feel free to report what happened to Oculus too while you're at it. It'll help them resolve the issue in the future.