I have a question for Germans

On 1/12/2018 at 10:10 PM, Tiberiusisgame said:

Since no one is asking this... why are you bringing your crypto-mining rig to Germany with you while you study abroad? Leave it at home and bring a laptop for gaming, or swing by Saturn when you're there and grab some new gear. Oh how I miss that store. MicroCenter is a far cry from it.

Because my crypto mining rig is my only rig :/. I am saving money by doing this at the expense of flexibility but I am considering building a pc that will support 6 cards for around $100 (yes its possible, but I can't tell you how, it's a potential money pot :D, could resell them for a crazy markup). But like I said in an earlier reply I would probably build that pc and move power hungry cards to that machine and the 1050ti I have will stay with me. 

2 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

Also the cost of electricity is only 0.05 usd per kwh!! But.... no pc for me. I think what I will do is keep my 1050ti in my rig

awesome price! :)

Slight warning:
Be sure to check the tariff regulations before you bring all your stuff to Germany. Your stuff e.g. electronics should not be more expensive than the exemption limit. You have to pay taxes if you are over this limit. I would only worry if you enter the country via an airport because the customs checks are tighter there. No worries if you cross the border by car.

You have to pay twice the amount if they catch you and you didn't declare that you are over the limit. They can even make a court case if you surpassed the limit by a huge margin. I am not saying that you will, but just what can happen ;)

That is to avoid people buying all their electronics outside the EU for cheap and bring it back into the country. 

On 1/12/2018 at 4:36 AM, Urishima said:

Green energies are just not capable to reliably supply power to an industrial economy.

Except of course that they are doing just that and now some consumers are being paid to consume electricity, as thanks to renewable energy, Germany now often has surplus power. The main reason it's been more expensive in most of Europe until now, compared to the US, is because big oil and gas get huge subsidies from the US government, not because renewables are inefficient. Renewable energy now is often cheaper than using coal or nuclear for example.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/germany-grids-paying-electricity-customers-renewable-energy-power-surplus-wind-solar-generation-a8022576.html

Also, for those who think that solar power is only generated when the sun is actually out, that's a myth, it's produced even when it's cloudy. They use UV light, which is present whether the sun is out or not.

https://bill-solar.squarespace.com/common-solar-power-myths-debunked/