My first build, some help.

Hey! Im building my first PC and I have just ordered the parts.

Parts:

GPU - 1080 A8G

CPU - 8700k Tray

CPU Cooler - 212EVO

Motherboard - Asus Z370-F

RAM - 3000MHz DDR4 Corsair 16GB(2x8GB)

Case - R6 Define

Hard Drive - 1TB WD Blue

SSD - M.2 960EVO 250GB

Power Supply - RM650x 80+ Gold

I have some questions to ask...

1. Will I be able to connect all Front Panel Connectors to the Motherboard?

2. Will the Cooler be enough if I once in the future wish to minimally overclock?

3. What would you recommend? Connect both front case fans to Motherboard or to my GPU?

4. How would I be able to run the computer and install Windows on the M.2 SSD instead of the Hard Drive, and how would I make files like downloads and such to save on the Hard Drive?(to prevent unnecessary SSD space usage)

5. Is there anything else you would recommend to look out for when I will start building the PC?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Probably doesnt matter too much. Test it.

4. Just change download locations to the hard drive and make sure to install programs to the hard drive

5. Use Pcpartpicker

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2. Will the Cooler be enough if I once in the future wish to minimally overclock?

I wouldn't reccomend overclocking with that cooler because of the higher TDP of your CPU but I would guess you can if you really wanted to try--just keep an eye on the temps.

4. How would I be able to run the computer and install Windows on the M.2 SSD instead of the Hard Drive, and how would I make files like downloads and such to save on the Hard Drive?(to prevent unnecessary SSD space usage)

Boot up your computer with your Windows Install disc/CD and when you click through the installation process, you should reach an area which says something along the lines of Express Install and Custom Install, select Custom Install and choose your SSD from the list that shows all of your Storage Devices. 

If you're using Chrome, (but you can really do this with all of the big browsers out there) just go to the settings and change the Download Location to your desired Hard Drive (default drive is C: so just change it to your other drive (HDD)

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Is it different if I forgot to mention the SSD is Nvme? For the 4th question...

Thanks for all the answers.

6 minutes ago, XDejvii said:

Is it different if I forgot to mention the SSD is Nvme? For the 4th question...

Thanks for all the answers.

You may have to change a couple BIOS settings for it to be bootable in PCI-e mode. You might not have an issue either. It depends 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz