Should i buy this used rig?

Manlyashell

Hello guys 

So i was thinking of buying a new pc but i learned that someone sells his used pc the specs are 

cpu : 7700k 4,5 with turbo boost
cpu cooling : corsair 110gt push 
mobo : z270 pro carbon 
gpu : 1080ti msi sea hawk x push/pull
ram : g.skill rgb 16 gb 3600 clock
psu: hx1000i platinum corsair
pc case: corsair 740 high airflow
2 ssd: samsung 850 500gb
kingston 240
2 hdd : wd black 1tb
toshiba 1 tb

main monitor : LG 34UC79G-B 
2nd monitor: lg 22 inch ips panel 60 hrz 1920 x 1080 5ms

A razer deathadder and a corsair cherry mx silent full rgb

He states that he bought it on september 2017 and the parts have warranty until 2019
   He sells the pc for 2500euro, in my country if i bought everything new it would cost me around 3500
So should i buy this? And if yes what should i watch out for? I am gonna see it running for 1 hour, check the temp, fan rpm anything else?

20180101_0029356.jpg.9b2e6f2c7886cd4b507573204b44c8b1.jpg.daff268ad8726079b79af5c56385598f.jpg

5a49e74fc9bd9_20180101_00300776.jpg.063c03dcd30d4c2ca2fd044e35c88f00(1).jpg.f379522f83df54070bf0ad5fbc46ad71.jpg

So about the warranty, are all receipts present and are the warranties transferable to you? (This is not me saying you should go for it, just asking about the validity of the warranty in your country).

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

So about the warranty, are all receipts present and are the warranties transferable to you? (This is not me saying you should go for it, just asking about the validity of the warranty in your country).

Yeah this is exactly what I was thinking. But yes, as long as you don't care about upgrade path, and would just use it for gaming/light content then it would be a great deal for the parts. I buy and sell used all the time, just do your research and have him run stress tests, as well as mem test, hard drive test, etc.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, Manlyashell said:

what should i watch out for?

If you don't open it up, and see the drives, you might want to do a speedtest on them or otherwise verify they are SSDs not HDDs just to make sure Ive seen people sell PCs that had "SSD"s that were actually basic hard drives, other than that use a benchmark that pushes the parts to see the temps and hear if there are any awful noise coming from them. And check that all the keys of the keyboard work with a site like this one: http://en.key-test.ru/

Winning an argument with a woman step by step

step one - talk to her

step two - fight with her for 2 hours even if you are really right

step three - admit that she is right for the sake of your safety

step four - realize that you have accomplished nothing and she still thinks you were wrong and now she thinks you are even more stupid

GTX1080ti, I5-4690k, ASUS Z97 PRO-GAMER, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, Hyper 212 EVO, Tt view 31 RGB.

That's a weird set-up IMHO.

I don't think it's worth it, as you can get a coffe-lake system built for you at a cheaper price with similar hardware.

Great find! I would definitely go for that. About the warranty, I doubt there is much to worry about. It's a new-ish system, but old enough that if anything was going to go wrong, it probably already would have. The warranty is a nice addition, though. :) I would just make sure to do some benchmarking on the computer BEFORE you buy it to test to ensure the computer is all good. Also, make sure that the computer lists everything as he said. Open up the computer while off and while running to check to make sure all the parts are correct and when it's running, check the fans. Another thing I'd do is while benchmarking, check the temperatures to ensure they are not massively hot. Because extensive heat lowers the lifespan of parts, that can help you make sure you will have the best performance for the longest time. Test the hard drives and do stress tests to the computer and listen for vibrations, unknown noises, excessive fan noise, crackling, etc. If it all looks okay, you should have a great computer for, depending on your needs, at least a couple years.

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

42 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

He has every receipt,box and manual i am not sure if i can use the warranty though.