all fans intake and no fan at rads?

I wonder if it possible to have all fan intake suck all air into the case and make the air pressure to be positive in the case and install a radiator at the top of the case without fan and let the air pressure do its job exhaust at the top like 1 rear fan+3 front fan will this work cuz I wanna cut the cost on some thing like fans or just to be experimental

Well... if theres no fans on the rad it will likely just heat the loop until it overheats. I'd doubt it would work tbh

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

is it possible? yes

but it will run hot in a standard pc case

for good temps you would need to have really high pressure fans with no air leaks in the case or in the seams of the side panels or pcie slots 

and for that to be true you would need either a small case or really powerful and loud fans 

alternatively your cpu could be a low TDP unit, but then your theoretical cooling scenario is just way too expensive and overkill 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

I think it would be OK if you weren't doing rad but since you are then nooo way

Retrowave

Air cooled version of my first PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

SSD 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair LL120

Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 58X
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup

if your case was perfectly air tight, then yes this would work. however, it is not, and the radiator is dense so has resistance to the air going through it. therefore, most likely a lot of the air will find another way out. 

just put some fans on your radiator and dont worry about it. if you really want to save the few $, then put the rad on your intake fans. 

in the scheme of things, fans are cheap, just get them.

u don't have to buy expensive fans with LEDs and imo cosmetic bs, get 2 standard black PSU fans for your rad and you're done.

even 1 front intake + 1 top exhaust will keep it cool, I've used one of my old rigs for years with only 2 fans and never had a single issue related to temps, it was mounted on one of those generic cases with psu on top

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Even the ek vardar fans are just 20 bucks a fan us,I have seen crappy rgb fans sell for more then that.

Just buy noctuas and enjoy the silence and great temps. They're well worth the money

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

1 minute ago, Ginger137 said:

Just buy noctuas and enjoy the silence and great temps. They're well worth the money

Terrible aesthetics though. Corsair ML series fans look better and run quieter, I would recommend those.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Terrible aesthetics though. Corsair ML series fans look better and run quieter, I would recommend those.

They have a fairly newish line I think they call redux? Same fans that made them hugely popular but without the extra accessories and in a monochrome look that I really like. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

6 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

They have a fairly newish line I think they call redux? Same fans that made them hugely popular but without the extra accessories and in a monochrome look that I really like. 

I respect Noctua as a company but the colors are just hideous. I can't ever look at any Noctua fan without seeing the brown and beige color.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

23 hours ago, Font9876 said:

I wonder if it possible to have all fan intake suck all air into the case and make the air pressure to be positive in the case and install a radiator at the top of the case without fan and let the air pressure do its job exhaust at the top like 1 rear fan+3 front fan will this work cuz I wanna cut the cost on some thing like fans or just to be experimental

Only if you have passive radiators or Chiller (you don't need radiators with a chiller). On normal radiators you need fans, without them the water temperature will just keeping raising with no way to properly cool it.

Due to density of radiators airflow alone will not make it through the radiator.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon