no OS detected with samsung rapid mode on?

I just recently got my 250 gb 840 evo. I put Windows 8 on it and updated it to 8.1. It only has a couple other applications on it. I was using the samsung magician application and turned on rapid mode because I wanted to see if I could boot even faster. Needed to restart, and I did. But now the operating system can't be detected. I went into bios and made sure my ssd was detected and first boot priority. Anybody ever encounter this or know what to do? I have no clue on what to do besides reformatting the darn thing and reinstalling windows 8, even if it takes forever. All I know is I probably won't be using rapid mode anymore.

I'm running a asrock 970 extreme4, fx-8120, hd 7950, 8 gigs ram, 650 watt psu if that helps.

if you want to use the raid mode on your bios, you need to reinstall your operating system, and have the specialized raid drivers from your motherboard's website ready during the reinstall process.

if you do not want to reload os, switch back to ACHI in the bios, typically under SATA mode, and see if you can boot to windows then.

ACHI and RAID are different storage modes, that do not work nicely together.

misread the post, my mistake.

I just recently got my 250 gb 840 evo. I put Windows 8 on it and updated it to 8.1. It only has a couple other applications on it. I was using the samsung magician application and turned on rapid mode because I wanted to see if I could boot even faster. Needed to restart, and I did. But now the operating system can't be detected. I went into bios and made sure my ssd was detected and first boot priority. Anybody ever encounter this or know what to do? I have no clue on what to do besides reformatting the darn thing and reinstalling windows 8, even if it takes forever. All I know is I probably won't be using rapid mode anymore.

I'm running a asrock 970 extreme4, fx-8120, hd 7950, 8 gigs ram, 650 watt psu if that helps.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Thanks for the reply, but I do mean rapid mode and not raid. It's a software thing that samsung developed for 840 evo, and pro I guess. It basically changes the way data is cached in order to increase speeds. Or that's what I got after reading this http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/samsungssd/downloads/Samsung_SSD_Rapid_Mode_Whitepaper.pdf. It was one of the reasons I decided to go with the 840 evo. I read an article about the evo and saw the charts on this page http://www.anandtech.com/show/7173/samsung-ssd-840-evo-review-120gb-250gb-500gb-750gb-1tb-models-tested/5. More reasons to get the evo. But now I don't think I can even use rapid.

if you want to use the raid mode on your bios, you need to reinstall your operating system, and have the specialized raid drivers from your motherboard's website ready during the reinstall process.

if you do not want to reload os, switch back to ACHI in the bios, typically under SATA mode, and see if you can boot to windows then.

ACHI and RAID are different storage modes, that do not work nicely together.

my mistake, please disregard my previous message. In my haste, I misread rapid as raid, therefore my previous post would be of no use with your current issue.

Thanks for the reply, but I do mean rapid mode and not raid. It's a software thing that samsung developed for 840 evo, and pro I guess. It basically changes the way data is cached in order to increase speeds. Or that's what I got after reading this http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/samsungssd/downloads/Samsung_SSD_Rapid_Mode_Whitepaper.pdf. It was one of the reasons I decided to go with the 840 evo. I read an article about the evo and saw the charts on this page http://www.anandtech.com/show/7173/samsung-ssd-840-evo-review-120gb-250gb-500gb-750gb-1tb-models-tested/5. More reasons to get the evo. But now I don't think I can even use rapid.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

All good, I think I'm just gonna reformat the ssd afterall. It's gonna take a day at most to reinstall everything, but I guess it isn't that bad after thinking about it. Maybe I just got a bad drive or I messed my stuff up somehow. Oh well, time to move on. Thanks