Installing Windows on a full HDD

Speshul_
Go to solution Solved by CapitalistVN,

You can format your drives inside Windows installation progress

Hey guys,

Helping a mate build a PC in a few days and want to use his HDD from his previous PC in the build. The thing is that the HDD already has windows installed on it from the last build, since the PC is broken I can't wipe it. Pretty sure it wont work without me re-installing windows on it as he has changed the mobo and GPU (correct me if I am wrong). My question is can I re-install windows on a drive that is already full or do I need to wipe it first, and if I do need to wipe it, what is the best way to do this.

Cheers,

Speshul_

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit

Just now, CapitalistVN said:

You can format your drive in the windows installation progress

Sweet, thanks for that.

Specs:

CPU: i5-6500 3.2 GHz Mobo: ASRock H110M-HDV RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133 MHz DDR4 GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition Storage: 120GB Sandisk Ultra II 1 TB WD HDD 7200 RPM PSU: Antec VP600P 600W Display: CrossOver 2795QHD 2560x1440 105 Hz OC OS: Windows 10 64 bit