Antivirus programs don't open, can't update drivers, etc.

About a month ago I started noticing drops in my ROG GR8 II's performance(especially in the CPU area). I have come to the realization that it is most likely malware or virus related. I tried firing up Windows Defender, it was disabled by an administration that I wasn't previously apart of and I don't recognize.

wd.PNG.25613b769beac9fbe5531c33ed1a2c30.PNG

workgroup.PNG.d482c45a426b98b9c6adc00fd2fd6b9c.PNG

In Task Manager multiple programs named "Windows Process Manager 32bit" will occasionally pop up and just suck up my CPU, usually consuming 70% or more for about 2 minutes and then stopping, only to come back randomly and do it again.

5a5300de4f767_therealact.PNG.75c3cca6e34a187d28cd487561308873.PNG

I've also tried to use McAfee and Malwarebytes to remove this but neither will install when I click on the .msi setup files, I believe this issue may be preventing me from installing or running an antivirus program. I have also tried resetting windows 10, but also to no avail. Whenever I use a reset tool or press the reset button in settings it just produces an error. As of yet, I don't have the error code saved, but I could provide it if any of you require it in the comments.

Currently, I also cannot update my GEFORCE drivers either. Maybe that's why PUBG is so damn unstable.......... 

ASUS ROG GR8 II (YES IT'S A PREBUILT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS)

Intel Core i5 7400

ASUS TURBO GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB

Some form of 500gb 2.5 inch drive, I cant find the speed of it anywhere in the system descriptions.

8GB DDR4 3200mhz SODIMM

Probably a 300w external power brick, can't find the specific number on it...

McAfee is so bad that even the guy who wrote the original and owns the company admits he won't use it. Anything by Norton/Symantec also causes more problems than it's worth, so avoid those too. Try an online scanner initially to see if that can begin to pick up what you're infected with:

https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall.html

52 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Hold shift key and restart pc from start menu. 

Select "select windows startup"

Boot into safemode and do the necessary virus checks.

Sorry should've mentioned that safemode is completely useless to me, didn't change anything.

18 hours ago, johnukguy said:

McAfee is so bad that even the guy who wrote the original and owns the company admits he won't use it. Anything by Norton/Symantec also causes more problems than it's worth, so avoid those too. Try an online scanner initially to see if that can begin to pick up what you're infected with:

that download doesn't work either

Try accessing it in safe mode and check in Task Manager what you have running. If you're quick enough, from the processes tab you should be able to disable the virus, if it is a virus, that's running and scan and remove it.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:55 AM, johnukguy said:

Actually, right now with the meltdown and spectre stuff going on, you should only use local anti-virus. Nothing online.

Honestly man, I would backup what you need and reinstall windows at this point.

With defender turned off for that long and being at a point where cyber-security is at an all time low,

I wouldn't chance just trusting an anti-virus program to deal with that.

I'd do a fresh windows install right away.

If it's that bad and nothing is fixing it (probably because whatever is causing this has put blocks in place to stop it from being removed) then the only thing you can do is back up any critical files if they aren't backed up already and drop the tactical formatting nuke on that SOB and start from scratch as I wouldn't even suggest using any live CD based tools to try and fix it.

4 hours ago, demonix00 said:

If it's that bad and nothing is fixing it (probably because whatever is causing this has put blocks in place to stop it from being removed) then the only thing you can do is back up any critical files if they aren't backed up already and drop the tactical formatting nuke on that SOB and start from scratch as I wouldn't even suggest using any live CD based tools to try and fix it.

no crucial files...where do I start?

13 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Actually, right now with the meltdown and spectre stuff going on, you should only use local anti-virus. Nothing online.

I agree but he can't use anything local, which is the issue.

4 hours ago, johnukguy said:

I agree but he can't use anything local, which is the issue.

Okay, than I'm still going with a windows reinstall at this point.

10 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Okay, than I'm still going with a windows reinstall at this point.

use DBAN, and then windows media creation tool right? wipe drive and reinstall windows for free right? or will i need a new key

6 hours ago, CGP said:

use DBAN, and then windows media creation tool right? wipe drive and reinstall windows for free right? or will i need a new key

Windows 10 should be tied to your Microsoft account. At worst, a call to Microsoft should get you activated again.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

Windows 10 should be tied to your Microsoft account. At worst, a call to Microsoft should get you activated again.

OK, doing it tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted

12 hours ago, CGP said:

I don't use DBAN or anything.

I just delete every partition including the recovery drive and all of that for the system drive, and create a new windows install with the unallocated free space. It'll automatically reformat everything.

12 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

I don't use DBAN or anything.

I just delete every partition including the recovery drive and all of that for the system drive, and create a new windows install with the unallocated free space. It'll automatically reformat everything.

can't virus wont let me lol

10 hours ago, CGP said:

can't virus wont let me lol

You get the option to do everything I'm mentioning in the windows installation.

Just download the media creation tool from microsoft, create a windows USB installer, plug it in, and restart.