Low-mid budget gaming pc hardware opinions/suggestions

Hey guys my favorite game series, monster hunter is releasing a new game soon and it will be available on the pc for the first time. So i thought this is the best time to leave behind my old unable to run league of legends at 60 fps stably on low pc and build a new one from scratch.

Other than the new monster hunter game im planning for some not so high-end gaming even so i want to get the best performance for my money. My budget is around 500-550 euros.

I've already done some research on what to get but i would also like some opinions from more experienced builders.

Here are the specs im planning to go for:

• Cpu: Intel Core i3-8100 Box at 114€
  • Motherboard: Asus H110M-K at 52€ (or something until about 70-80€)
  • Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4GB Windforce OC (GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD) at 189€ (or something similar)
  • Ram: HyperX Fury 4GB DDR4-2400MHz (HX424C15FB/4) at 49€ (probably gonna get a second one a bit later on)
  • Psu: Corsair CX Series 450M at 450W 80 PLUS Bronze at 52€
  • SSD hard drive: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB at 90€ (dont really think i will need more space than that)
  • And about 2-3 120mm fans here and there at 5€ each
  • For a case im planning on saving some money here and using my old Mid-Size case

Which adds up to a total of: 552€ (i dont really want it to get much higher than that if possible xd)

So as far as pc building goes i am a total novice so any suggestion is appreciated, if you guys think something can be replaced with something better please tell me, and mostly i would like some advice on the motherboard, the ram and the Psu. Thanks in advance.

well, this isnt compatible to begin with, you cant put the 8100 in a H110 motherboard, the rest looks good though exept i wouldnt buy a load of $5 fans because they wont be doing much for you beyond makeing noise so take that money and spend it on some other part like the case.

you will probably want to wait for H310 and B350(LGA1151-2 socket, not AM4 socket) motherboards launch so you can replace that incompatible H110 motherboard with a compatible one.

for a case recomendation the Fractal Design Focus G is pretty nice from personal experience, good build and some premium things at a ~$50 or lower pricetag :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

@Daniel Z. @Bananasplit_00 oh god i just looked up the compatible boards (i thought that having a 1151 socked was enough to be compatible) and the cheapest one is 105 euros :'( . I have my eyes on MSI Z370-A Pro at 115euros or Gigabyte Z370P D3 (rev. 1.0) at 105euros since i dont really want to wait for something unannounced yet (or i think its not annouced). Perhaps it would be better to get a bit more expensive and powerful cpu with a cheaper motherboard? Also should i try to get a psu with lower wattage and higher 80 PLUS rating? Thank u both m8s.

Just now, spiroulis said:

@Daniel Z. @Bananasplit_00 oh god i just looked up the compatible boards (i thought that having a 1151 socked was enough to be compatible) and the cheapest one is 105 euros :'( . I have my eyes on MSI Z370-A Pro at 115euros or Gigabyte Z370P D3 (rev. 1.0) at 105euros since i dont really want to wait for something unannounced yet (or i think its not annouced). Perhaps it would be better to get a bit more expensive and powerful cpu with a cheaper motherboard? Also should i try to get a psu with lower wattage and higher 80 PLUS rating? Thank u both m8s.

Wait for h and b series mobos

first of, the PSU listed is just about perfect here id say so stick with it. CX series isnt the best but for a lower end budget system they are a good choice. as for the motherboards, we know they are comming and pretty soon, just not a date yet. id stick with the I3 8100 here seeing as its faster than the I5 7400 which would probably be the best choice for that H110 motherboard. basically just wait a little bit more if you can

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, spiroulis said:

i dont really want to wait for something unannounced yet (or i think its not annouced).

The new Ryzen CPU's are being announced over the next three weeks or so, not in several months, and there is likely to be a reveal at CES, which is next week, with preordering starting soon afterwards. The new Intel boards are also being announced sooner rather than later.

@Daniel Z. @Bananasplit_00 ok then i shall wait, another question tho. My current pc has a broken psu, it rocks a Pentium G 3.2ghz with a single core (i think it was called pentium g its very old tho) with an equally old af motherboard and 2 1Gb ram cards. Should i get the 1050ti graphics card and the CX Psu and put them in my bad pc while i wait for the new motherboards or would that risk damaging them? 

@johnukguy oh, im gonna wait out on the motherboard and cpu part so ill choose then i guess. ty for the suggestion tho

@Daniel Z. @Bananasplit_00 ok then i shall wait, another question tho. My current pc has a broken psu, it rocks a Pentium G 3.2ghz with a single core (i think it was called pentium g its very old tho) with an equally old af motherboard and 2 1Gb ram cards. Should i get the 1050ti graphics card and the CX Psu and put them in my bad pc while i wait for the new motherboards or would that risk damaging them? 

well you wont hurt them, so go ahead if you want, but performance is going to be pretty crap

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well you wont hurt them, so go ahead if you want, but performance is going to be pretty crap

it currently has a gt610 2gb graphics card so i guess performance will probably increase somewhat or atleast i hope so xD

2 minutes ago, spiroulis said:

it currently has a gt610 2gb graphics card so i guess performance will probably increase somewhat or atleast i hope so xD

yah, but the CPU will be bottlenecking you pretty hard tbh, but performance SHOULD go up yes

Builds:

Spoiler