First PC Build Need Help

Hey Guys,

I could really use help from someone with experience. This is my first pc build and I want to make sure that I don't make a mistake. How does this build look are all the parts compatible. I am also looking to overclock my ryzen 1700 and game in 1440p. Also which motherboard should I go with. I will be playing games like Rainbow Six Siege, Rust, Garry's Mod and Player Unknown's Battlegrounds.

CPU                  

Motherboard  
MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard / MSI - B350 GAMIN PRO CARBON / ASUS ROG Strix B350 F-GAMING

Memory                  

Storage                  

Video Card                  

Case                  

Power Supply

g    

Monitor                  

If you are just gaming then consider going with an R5 1600 and B350 board such as the Asus B350-F. 

That ram is expensive. I would just go with a cheaper 3000 - 3200 kit. There is a lot better compatibility with ram after all the updates.

Go with a better psu such as a Seasonic Focus Gold or Corsair RMx.

Any saved money could then be put to a stronger gpu.

I would invest in a better SSD, as I believe the SanDisk plus is DRAM-less.

Reference:  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/dramless-ssd-roundup,4833-8.html, http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Evo-250GB-vs-SanDisk-SSD-Plus-240GB/2977vsm25612, and Our Lord and Savior 

Also, the PSU has Ketchup and Mustard cable ends, if you care. You might be able to get one with nicer-looking cables for a few extra bucks, or get extensions, or just not care.

41ndT-qrswL.jpg

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

14 hours ago, Dellboy56 said:

1. could get cheaper ram and Overclock it 

That's bad advice.  There's no guarantee that the RAM can be overclocked (my friend's 2400MHz RAM won't even go up to 2666HMz), and even if you do overclock successfully, it can take months for issues to start showing up.

@ThatOneGuy_69 You're much better off going with an 8600k or 8700k, unless you're doing content creation like video editing.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

You can still get ~3000mhz ram 4x2Gb for ~$100

My PC:

2 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy_69 said:

So is the ram I have good?

It's fine, albeit a little pricey. But that's ram these days.

My PC:

9 hours ago, ThatOneGuy_69 said:

So is the ram I have good?

It is good, but also expensive because it is Samsung B die. You can get a cheaper 3000 - 3200 kit.