GPU wont fit in MSI Z97s Krait

Htrlo

As the title says. The GPU is and EVGA GTX970. I've never encountered this problem before, the connector just wont reach proper depth to click in, and it seems the sata modules of the mobo are placed in such a way that it prohibits downward movement. The pic is for reference as I tried the second pcie port and the same conclusion.

What are my possible options, and extender or a new gpu. Any help is appreciated.

MVIMG_20180104_223055.jpg

It should be able reach the bottom of the slot or something is in the slot preventing the 970 to go into the slot

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I would say get a PCIe x16 riser and install the card in a different slot. It will by no means look pretty, but you'll be able to use your card.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I don't see somethign obvious stopping it from going in? If it doesn't fit in the slot its a faulty motherboard. PCI-E is a standard its built to a specification. You said the SATA ports are and issue? if they aren't need you could probably shave the plastic down to allow it to fit.

A new card is potentially hundreds a riser is like $10 so a riser would be the obvious choice to fix this.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Weird, I have this motherboard and my G1 Gaming GTX970 fit perfectly.... as does my Gigabyte 1070.

Sata connector Height isn't a factor with these two,...., Don't know what to say as I've not seen this happen to anyone either.

Fix - Raise it using a PCIE Riser card.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Actually it looks like the SATA connectors are blocking the GPU from fitting in all the way

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Thanks for the help guys, I thought that much, riser or extender. 

Theres nothing in the slot that would prevent the card from going in, if you look at the first slot on the left of the picture there's another sata module that is the same height as the rectangular one that will prevent fitment too. Like I said its really peculiar and he first time I've encountered this. When I was going ahead with the build I almost pushed too hard in disbelief, I hope nothing is damaged.

Im in Toronto dt, so tomorrow I was thinking of visiting CC and asking for help, in the off chance that somehow I've messed up. Weird, frustrating af and depressing...