Asus / Ryzen PC shutting down and won't boot up

Hi everyone.

Just got back from my vacation just to discover a new problem with my Computer, It suddenly shuts down without any pre warnings almost like hitting the reset button.

I can play for hours before this happens and when it does happen I usually have to use the reset button a few times to get my system booted up again.

When this error happens I get Q-code C0 and the yellow Dram light is the only thing lighting up on my motherboard.

The manual does not list that code and when I look it up online I get everything from possible defective memory stick, Bad CPU, defective motherboard osv...  so it can basically mean anything.

My guess is that I got a memory problem since the Dram light is lighting up but I can run stress test's and play for day's without problems.

It does not matter if i have a 14% overclock or not. My memory have not been overclocked yet.

I really don't want to have a crash while rendering and editing stuff so all help is appreciated.  

System spec. 

- AMD Ryzen 1800x

- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme Socket-AM4

- 4x16 64gb ddr4 2666MHz  ( cmr64gx4m4a2666c16 )  

- ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64 ROG Strix OC 

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

- HX850i PSU

DSC_1318.JPG

What BIOS revision are you on? (specific #)

4x16GB RAM module you have do not appear on the QVL. seems that other 64GB kits are, but not the corsair modules.

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

4x16GB RAM module you have do not appear on the QVL. seems that other 64GB kits are, but not the corsair modules.

Yeah , I just saw that too. I can swear they were listed when I bought them, well that sucks. Maybe I mixed it up with something else. I was going for an AMD/ Corsair build. 

Looks like i have to try other memory sticks. 

1 hour ago, Legendarypoet said:

What BIOS revision are you on? (specific #)

Bios 1701 x64 

But I see there is a new bios on their page, it's 3008.  Trying that update first. Maybe it saves my a few $$

Just 2 weeks vacation and my computer is already outdated 

1 minute ago, InsufficientSleep said:

Bios 1701 x64 

But I see there is a new bios on their page, it's 3008.  Trying that update first. Maybe it saves my a few $$

Just 2 weeks vacation and my computer is already outdated 

I was getting the cold boot nonsense up until I last updated. Everything is fine now. I hope the same rings true for you.

If you can have some monitoring software open thats logging sensors to file, then that would help you diagnose your problem.  You'll mainly want to keep an eye on temperature and maybe voltage.

Chances are extremely low its your CPU.  They generally work or they don't.  For the RAM, you could try each stick by itself.

A last ditch effort kind of thing, you could try bumping the SoC voltage a little bit.  Can help with RAM issues on Ryzen chips.  Good idea to keep it below 1.2V though.

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 16GB Trident Z RGB @ 3244Mhz CL13 | Case: Phantom 820 | Storage: 250GB Samsung 960 EVO & 10TB various mechanicals  | PSU: Corsair RM1000 Platinum | CPU: R7 1700 @ 3.8Ghz | GPU: MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G w/ 580 BIOS @ 1515/2200 | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Mamba (new style) | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X & Nuance Spacial 3 towers | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Display: Acer T232HL | Cooling: custom loop w/ 360mm Rad & Wraith Spire

HWBOT RX 580 3dmark Firestrike Submission

have worked on it all day and I think it's fixed now.

Been running games and stress tests all day without problems. Before I updated the Bios the computer would crash and give me the C0 error code and a yellow Dram light.  I tried using only two sticks to figure out if one of my 4 sticks were bad. I didn't run into any issues with just two so I tried with the other two, no problem with them. I plugged all 4 sticks back in and got the error code straight away.  I updated to Bios 3008 but it still crashed when 4 sticks were used. I noticed that when the memory speed were set to Auto in the bios settings my memory speed were way lower than the speed on the stick, I'm new to computer building so I don't know if this is normal. I adjusted the setting to manual mode and change the speed to 2666MHz and tried to restart the system again. I think that did it because I can now boot without problems and Play for hours without a system crash.