Second monitor is detected but won't display.

Okay, so I have a bit of a weird problem. Occasionally, my 2nd monitor just stops working completely. It isn't the wire or a loose connection because when I try to use a different monitor, I get an image to display almost instantly. Currently, I have a Dell S2417DG as my primary monitor (DisplayPort) and that works just fine. My second monitor is an ASUS pa248q (HDMI) and it loves to stop working at random times. The monitor will turn on, go black for about 10 seconds, then changes to a blue screen that says "HDMI NO SIGNAL", and then reboots to do the exact same sequence in a never-ending loop. Both of these monitors are running through my GTX770 however even if I try to use the onboard HDMI, my second monitor still won't display. The situation is weird because when the monitor does work, it works perfectly fine. However, every time I turn off my computer there is a chance that the second monitor simply won't work upon the next boot up.  I feel like my monitor is going bad but just wanted to see if anyone had advice, different tricks to try, or if somebody has been through this before. 

Thanks for any replies! 

Try switching them so that the primary becomes the secondary (and vice versa).  Maybe try different cables?  Does the monitor do that when hooked up to another computer?