Windows Mixed Reality help

Go to solution Solved by Charkley,
On 1/5/2018 at 5:12 AM, DeezNoNos said:

What does device amnager show on your laptop

It took a lot of time, but I finally figured it out. I had to switch off USB Legacy Support in the BIOS and now it works fine. Thank you for the help!

My WMR headset (Fujitsu) works fine on my laptop (Asus GL502). But it doesn't seem to work on my desktop (8700k, 1080 Ti, 32GB Memory, - Factory Settings)

I keep getting this error message: "Something went wrong 2181038087-4"

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/troubleshooting-windows-mixed-reality

Likely reason for the error code: The Mixed Reality headset driver failed to initialize the tracking cameras on your headset.
Troubleshooting: This is most likely a transient error. Unplugging and re-plugging in your headset should resolve this issue.

But none of these suggestions work at all no matter how many times I reset my PC.

Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Reskiy said:

My WMR headset (Fujitsu) works fine on my laptop (Asus GL502). But it doesn't seem to work on my desktop (8700k, 1080 Ti, 32GB Memory, - Factory Settings)

I keep getting this error message: "Something went wrong 2181038087-4"

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/troubleshooting-windows-mixed-reality

But none of these suggestions work at all no matter how many times I reset my PC.

Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Why are you resetting the pc?

and try and downlaod the drivers from the internet?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

Why are you resetting the pc?

and try and downlaod the drivers from the internet?

Things get pretty weird after I try unplugging the headset several times. My device manager constantly refreshes, and sometimes I get a kernel error that forces me to restart. Honestly have no idea why... It's perfectly fine on my laptop. I have no idea where to get drivers manually.
EDIT: I found this as well. But my HMD doesn't always get detected for me to do anything. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56265

8 minutes ago, Reskiy said:

Things get pretty weird after I try unplugging the headset several times. My device manager constantly refreshes, and sometimes I get a kernel error that forces me to restart. Honestly have no idea why... It's perfectly fine on my laptop. I have no idea where to get drivers manually.
EDIT: I found this as well. But my HMD doesn't always get detected for me to do anything. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56265

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

On 1/5/2018 at 5:12 AM, DeezNoNos said:

It took a lot of time, but I finally figured it out. I had to switch off USB Legacy Support in the BIOS and now it works fine. Thank you for the help!