Ryzen 1500x is it good enough for gaming?

I’m looking to build a gaming pc for 1080p running a minimum of 60fps in games like battlefield 1, call of duty, etc. is the 1500x going to bottleneck a gpu like the gtx 1060? I’m new to pc building and want to make sure I get the right parts. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That should be just fine. What's your budget?

I’m aiming to keep it below 800 bucks but that’s seemingly impossible with the current miner market.

23 minutes ago, Ansger said:

However, if you can squeeze in 20 bucks, the 1600 should give better value for the money

I know it has 2 additional cores and 12 threads, I guess I’m just not informed on how much of a difference that would make.

28 minutes ago, Assassinguy2623 said:

No, it won't bottleneck 

Thanks for the answer ?

Just now, Rockoth said:

I’m aiming to keep it below 800 bucks but that’s seemingly impossible with the current miner market.

If you want it lower, get a Ryzen 5 1400 and overclock that, it'll perform basically the same as a 1500X. I would recommend waiting and saving up some more

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you want it lower, get a Ryzen 5 1400 and overclock that, it'll perform basically the same as a 1500X. I would recommend waiting and saving up some more

Will it be on par with an overclocked 1500x though? I agree on waiting though, prices for what I feel would work well for my planned rig should come down

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I did this. I managed to keep it a 720-ish in a fairly expensive european country. 

the 1400 is excellent when you want to build a rig under 800. 

Buy the cheapest DDR4 RAM your MOBO can take and you're good to go 

Just now, Rockoth said:

Will it be on par with an overclocked 1500x though? I agree on waiting though, prices for what I feel would work well for my planned rig should come down

There isn't really much difference between the 1400 and 1500X. The 1500X has higher base and boost speeds, but it's cheaper to just get a 1400 and overclock it. It won't be on-par, but close to depending on how far of an overclock you push.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

There isn't really much difference between the 1400 and 1500X. The 1500X has higher base and boost speeds, but it's cheaper to just get a 1400 and overclock it. It won't be on-par, but close to depending on how far of an overclock you push.

the 1500x will get to 3.9 to 4.1. The 1400 will go to 3.7 to 3.8. Indeed not a huge difference. With the budget of 800 max i'd go with the 1400.

Lots of great information from all of you! Thanks so much for the help! So if I have this right, an overclocked 1400 with a gtx 1060 will run games like battlefield 1 in 1080p with an average of 60FPS?

After doing some digging, I can get a 1500x for $6 more than the 1400. Makes sense in this instance to stick with the 1500x I would think.