Does anyone actually use the AVX offset?

I'm building up the OC on my 8350k. I have it at 4.5Ghz at the  moment, using Prime95 for stress testing. Since Prime95 runs AVX instructions by default, I've kept the AVX offset at 0 or it would reduce my clocks while testing. Thinking ahead, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother going beyond my AVX max.

I know people can achieve higher clocks with the AVX offset at 1-3, but an offset of 1 is only a 100 Mhz gain, which you still need to stress test, and which you lose as soon as the CPU hits an AVX instruction.

Looking for opinions ?

I've used it for testing. For example, I have an i3-8350k that runs non-AVX at 5.0 GHz, but I have to drop it to 4.7 GHz for P95. Similarly on a 7800X, that runs depending on how hard I push the cooling to 4.9 non-AVX, but my long term P95 setting is 4.3 - note it will run P95 higher than that, but I choose to drop it lower to help further with cooling. There's also a separate AVX-512 offset I've yet to play with in detail.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

27 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

You use AVX when you are actually pushing the chip.

Yeah, but what I'm interested in is whether anyone sees a point pushing for a further non-AVX OC. There aren't that many applications that use AVX afterall

2 minutes ago, Apepa said:

Yeah, but what I'm interested in is whether anyone sees a point pushing for a further non-AVX OC. There aren't that many applications that use AVX afterall

You just answered your own question.

I'm interested in is whether anyone sees a point pushing for a further non-AVX OC

There aren't that many applications that use AVX afterall

Unless you don't understand that the offset lowers AVX for better stability not increases it.