What currency should i mine?

I have a rzyen 1700 and a gtx 1070 strix, that overclocks to 2.1 ghz. My internet sucks, so that is a big question : is 5-10 megabits per sec enough?

Oh yeah you need little to no internet to mine. It's more important that it's reliable.

As for currency, benchmark Ethereum and Zcash with their respective miners, then input your hashrates into this site - https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator

That site will tell you which currency will give you the most money. I bet it's zcash.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I dont think mining is very profitable with one card, especially if youre paying for electricity.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Wow you really comment to every topic.

Just now, QuantumBit said:

I dont think mining is very profitable with one card, especially if youre paying for electricity.

I beg to differ

eth.PNG.a919ddfac82046f955f9ed68bfe4015a.PNG

That's a single RX 480

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, QuantumBit said:

In 10 hours i will ask if i pay for electricity or is it included in the rent.

Just now, Energycore said:

I beg to differ

That's a single RX 480

What is that interface?

Just now, Almostbauws said:

What is that interface?

It's the website I linked you up there :P

Those are numbers for my RX 480, it's my usual hashrate, and my usual power consumption at the wall with a KillAWatt meter.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Almostbauws said:

Wow you really comment to every topic.

As many as I can, yes. I don't comment on the ones I can't at least partially answer.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

As many as I can, yes. I don't comment on the ones I can't at least partially answer.

What I wonder is how you manage to browse the forums from the other side of the galaxy

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

What I wonder is how you manage to browse the forums from the other side of the galaxy

xD I'm wondering how you can moderate said forums while out in the wilderness watching shrikes.

Actually, I'm in the U.S, my location being set to Gallifrey was my Whovian side showing.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 minutes ago, Energycore said:

zcash

Does mining zcash only benefit from oc memory like ethereum and then setting the power limit to 60% , or does it benefit from core overclocking too?

Just now, Almostbauws said:

Does mining zcash only benefit from oc memory like ethereum and then setting the power limit to 60% , or does it benefit from core overclocking too?

I'm not sure. I've heard it does perform better with core overclocks. You'll have to benchmark yourself.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'm not sure.

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

xD

Thank you kind sirs for your utterly valuable information, i will be putting it in great use tomorrow, but right now i really need to rest, alarmclock will ring any hour now.

23 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I beg to differ

That's a single RX 480

Time to invest....

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)