H100i v2 freezing temperature

The quick story, my H100i pump has stopped working, RMA has been approved. It's been below around 11F / -12C for the past week or two.... When I get my new unit shipped, I'm a bit worried there might be damage from the closed loop freezing, which will cause a leak onto my system when I reassemble it.

Is this a legitimate concern with it being on the back of a UPS truck below freezing? Or will it be fine? I'm unsure if safe temperatures prior to coolant freezing and subsequent expansion internally.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

i wouldn't worry about it until it arrives broke as hell at your doorstep. It's certainly a possibility as any antifreeze properties added to the liquid will likely not be automotive grade.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

i wouldn't worry about it until it arrives broke as hell at your doorstep. It's certainly a possibility as any antifreeze properties added to the liquid will likely not be automotive grade.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I've seen comments about it having an alcohol that is present in antifreeze, but it's pretty much to kill organic growth... So not sure there is enough to severely shift the freezing temperature to the left enough to feel comfortable. I guess I may have to assemble it outside of the case and let it run for several hours until I feel comfortable?

These AIO coolers typically have some kind of anti freeze in the coolant mixture. 

I want to say the fluid in your AIO is mix of distilled water, Some sort of antifreeze (such as propylene glycol or some other sort of alcohol), and then trace amounts of anti-corrosives and biocides. 

51 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I've seen comments about it having an alcohol that is present in antifreeze, but it's pretty much to kill organic growth... So not sure there is enough to severely shift the freezing temperature to the left enough to feel comfortable. I guess I may have to assemble it outside of the case and let it run for several hours until I feel comfortable?

Methyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, and propylene alcohol been used in the past as antifreeze in automotive coolant. Alcohol is the actual key antifreeze compound; the biocide compound is most likely benzalkonium chloride, copper sulfate, calcium sulfate or some other salt compound with a toxicity to bacterial and fungal life. 

The Corsair H100i is a Asetek made cooler, most of Corsair, NZTX, Antec, and Thermaltake AIOs are by Asetek. All of those AIOs all have the same fluid. 
The exact compound use in the AIO I am not sure of, and I don't want to take apart my AIO and buy test strips to figure out the exact formulation. 

There is enough Alcohol in the AIO to allow it to ship reasonably safe during the winter months. But if someone wants to be cautious, you can wait till the AIO warms up to room temps before installation and just watch carefully for about 15-30 min for any leaks. 

I'd leave it out for a few hours, then have the pump run outside your case for an hour or so. Put the whole thing on paper towels and pick it up and twist it around while it's running. 

If it doesn't leak from that, I'd feel safe to install it. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

I  wouldn't worry about it much. Last year I bought my 2nd hand Corsair H115I from a friend. He had it in his truck for a couple of nights that were well below 0 Fahrenheit. The hoses still flexed and I could hear the liquid inside the unit even in below 0 temps. So I went home and plugged it in. No issues still to this day.

"If" somehow the unit did freeze, the rubber is extremely resilient and shouldn't have any issues. It wouldn't circulate fluid but it 'shouldn't' leak.