what the hell...why cant i find one of these!

MeDownYou

Okay, so this might sounds stupid but i Can't find a display port 1.4 cable anywhere but on amazon (and it's like 2-3x more expensive than it should be there) I can't find a specified one on newegg,Ebay, or B&H...so any help would be appreciate.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

5 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

Okay, so this might sounds stupid but i Can't find a display port 1.4 cable anywhere but on amazon (and it's like 2-3x more expensive than it should be there) I can't find a specified one on newegg,Ebay, or B&H...so any help would be appreciate.

A displayport cable doesn't have a version, it's whats inside the stuff that decides that, any displayport cable will work and at the speed of the lowest version. 
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=display+port&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I have a bundle of 4 displayport cables that come with a video card I have

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

A displayport cable doesn't have a version, it's whats inside the stuff that decides that, any displayport cable will work and at the speed of the lowest version. 
https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=display+port&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I have a bundle of 4 displayport cables that come with a video card I have

ahh, thanks that's exactly what i needed to hear :D!

The Vinyl Decal guy.

1 minute ago, MeDownYou said:

ahh, thanks that's exactly what i needed to hear :D!

That said, while I have loads of DP stuff, I only use DP-VGA converters lol, I don't think I have anything that's DP

Yours faithfully

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

That said, while I have loads of DP stuff, I only use DP-VGA converters lol, I don't think I have anything that's DP

Ahh, well i bought this monitor yesterday https://www.ebay.com/itm/222774006324

And i've heard the display cable that comes with it doesn't always work, so i thought about just picking one up for when it comes

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Just now, MeDownYou said:

Ahh, well i bought this monitor yesterday https://www.ebay.com/itm/222774006324

And i've heard the display cable that comes with it doesn't always work, so i thought about just picking one up for when it comes

Yeah, any DP cable will do well. Although maybe buy a nice one, some cheaper ones can be a pain. Also watch out for the ones with catches, some of them need to be pressed to be released

Yours faithfully

23 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I should add, actually not all DisplayPort cable will handle everything. Any DP cable that actually meets the DP cable spec should handle anything, but not all DP cables on the market meet the specifications. So I would advise, what you need to look for is a VESA-certified cable. If it's certified, then it definitely meets spec, and should handle anything.

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

I should add, actually not all DisplayPort cable will handle everything. Any DP cable that actually meets the DP cable spec should handle anything, but not all DP cables on the market meet the specifications. So I would advise, what you need to look for is a VESA-certified cable. If it's certified, then it definitely meets spec, and should handle anything.

Yeah, that too, obviously cheapo Chinese cables have as much of a likelihood of just not working. However not meeting the spec means it's technically not a displayport cable, but just compatible with it. 

Yours faithfully