Black screen if I disable integrated GPU

dimitarnestorov

I'm rocking a dual HDMI monitor setup and before I got my DisplayPort to HDMI adapter I used to put one of the monitors in the integrated graphics. After I disable the IGPU from the BIOS windows doesn't want to boot anymore. I get to the point where the windows loading animation disappears but after that all I get is a black screen (no cursor, no signal). I'm sure that if I reinstall Windows with the dedicated graphics only it will work just fine but I would prefer to skip this part.

Does anyone have any ideas why is this happening and can I somehow fix it?

1 minute ago, dimitarnestorov said:

I'm rocking a dual HDMI monitor setup and before I got my DisplayPort to HDMI adapter I used to put one of the monitors in the integrated graphics. After I disable the IGPU from the BIOS windows doesn't want to boot anymore. I get to the point where the windows loading animation disappears but after that all I get is a black screen (no cursor, no signal). I'm sure that if I reinstall Windows with the dedicated graphics only it will work just fine but I would prefer to skip this part.

Does anyone have any ideas why is this happening and can I somehow fix it?

You said you disabled the iGPU there’s your problem install drivers maybe

What you're supposed to do is install a dGPU, and then disable the iGPU or set the PC to use the dGPU instead of the iGPU.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Jack Dvorak said:

You said you disabled the iGPU there’s your problem install drivers maybe

I have installed NVIDIA and Intel GPU drivers, both monitors work if one of them is plugged in IGPU (and IGPU enabled ofc)

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What you're supposed to do is install a dGPU, and then disable the iGPU or set the PC to use the dGPU instead of the iGPU.

That's what I do, Windows refuses to boot properly.

EDIT: I am able to boot the machine in Safe Mode. But only the DisplayPort monitor is working.

EDIT 2: After uninstalling the Intel drivers in Safe Mode the PC started booting.

Edited by dimitarnestorov
Solved