Samsung CFG70

RageAx

Simple question. Is it any good? And what about color accuracy? I read somewhere it's almost as good as an IPS panel. BS or not?

Samsung CFG70

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Almost as good in what way? Because it creams IPS panels in terms of contrast. They are also factory calibrated and come with a calibration report.

So it's a good monitor? And I meant in color reproduction and viewing angles.

10 minutes ago, RageAx said:

So it's a good monitor? And I meant in color reproduction and viewing angles.

Is it as accurate as a professional IPS panel? No. Does it have a native 8bit panel with QD that produces vivid colors? Yes. Especially when combined with the much higher native contrast compared to IPS. The lack of backlight bleeding makes everything pop more and have a noticeably less washed out look.

Viewing angles have always eluded me for PC monitors. You sit in front of it, it's curved so the horizontal viewing angle is moot. And the vertical viewing angle is not noticeable from a normal user perspective. 

15 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Is it as accurate as a professional IPS panel? No. Does it have a native 8bit panel with QD that produces vivid colors? Yes. Especially when combined with the much higher native contrast compared to IPS. The lack of backlight bleeding makes everything pop more and have a noticeably less washed out look.

Viewing angles have always eluded me for PC monitors. You sit in front of it, it's curved so the horizontal viewing angle is moot. And the vertical viewing angle is not noticeable from a normal user perspective. 

Thank you, sir!