Strange issue with Ryzen 5 1600 and DDR4 when booting

System Configuration:

Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-Plus bios version 1002

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Memory: 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill F4-3000C16D-16GTZR

GPU: Palit GTX 1060 3GB

VBIOS: 86.06.11.00.48

Driver: Geforce 388.16

Ok I'll give a quick run up timeline wise until the problem started.

Built the rig about two months ago and upon first boot DOCP would not work. No problem updated to bios version 1002 which addressed all the past problem with DDR4 compatibility. After flashing the bios the docp profile loaded up just fine and I had the Ryzen oc'ed to 3.7 and everything was stable after running some stress tests.

Fast foward to yesterday. For reasons I wanted to turn off SMT to check performance on an application without the use of virtual threads. So I go into bios and disable smt and go to reboot. I got the dreaded triple flash on the keyboard lights (num lock, caps, scroll lock) and the system posted into safe mode.

Uh oh I thought I guess turning off SMT isn't going to work so I go back in and enable it and reset again. Still flashing lights and posting back to safe mode. I'm panicking now so I restore the entire bios to optimized defaults. System boots up fine. I immediately open up cpu-z, gpu-z, hwinfo64 to run a check on all the numbers. It all looks good.

So I reboot again into bios and set the exact same Ryzen OC and RAM DOCP settings I had before. Triple flash again. Fast forward 3 hours of me turning off and on settings to see what will post. Finally I narrowed it down to the ram. The system will post with any OC on the ryzen I enter but the RAM HAS TO BE set to auto to post @ 2133 with the non-oc timings of 15-16-16-16-36 1T.

So I thought ok well I've read docp doesn't work for everyone and I'll just manually enter the xmp profile settings. Nothing worked.

Then I did another simpler test to see what's going on so I defaulted all the ram timings to auto to wipe all my changes, did a reboot to make sure it does boot. Got into windows fine. Verified the default 15-16-16-16-36 1T timings and went back into bios and changed only one thing, manually set CL to 15 instead of having auto. This SHOULD work since that's what's been posting and verified in windows.

NO POST, triple flash. Go back to bios and changed cL15--> auto. posts again just fine.

So essentially what I've discovered is that if I manually enter ANY value into DRAM Timings, the system will not post even if the timing is what auto would have selected.

Does anyone have any idea wtf is going on with my system?