Need Help Planning a Build

Go to solution Solved by Conman655,

yeah, i guess. THanks 

HI! I need some help planning a build. I live in Idaho, and don't really want to travel anywhere to get the parts. If it is cheaper to get a refurbished part, i am okay with doing that too. I am willing to go a little over my budget if it means better performance (no more than 50$). I will need Windows 10, and a case that has a PSU shroud and looks like this one: (Click Here) The build will be a black and white color scheme.

My budget is $600 US. I want this system to play games like Forza Horizon 3 (preferably 60+ FPS), and I want it to be VR capable. This PC needs to be upgradeable, and be able to handle streaming/light video editing and graphic design (If I ever get into that stuff).

I also want to buy 1 1080p 144 hertz monitor with one displayport and HDMI port. This monitor will NOT be included in the $600 budget, and just want some suggestions on a budget one (If we use a Nvidia card, it should have G-Sync, the same with AMD). My second monitor that i will be running is the hp compaq la1905wg at 1440x900 60Hz.

I also want a budget gaming keyboard (preferably black). I am upgrading because the pc i have has a Xeon W3550 and a quadro FX 4800. Don't even ask. I do have a CD-rom drive, but i don't really need it. I do, however have a 500GB drive that I probably am going to use.

Best cpu for your usecase is either a i7 6800k or 5820k.  You can get either one for about 200 bucks usually, a decent second hand x99 mobo will rack up another $50 - 100. Brand new 130ish.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nTMdNN

CPU: Intel - Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($200.00) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - ICE BLADE 200M 43.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($12.34 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - X99-E ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($80.00) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($87.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GT OC Video Card  ($219.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $649.19

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

And here if you can't go used this system has the same number of votes but will overclock lower and has slower IPC.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CqHDr7

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($197.28 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($87.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GT OC Video Card  ($219.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $628.11

Is this a problem? 

• Some Intel X99 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Broadwell-E CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

also do i need to get any extra fans?

1 minute ago, Conman655 said:

Is this a problem? 

• Some Intel X99 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Broadwell-E CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

That is that specific mobo, I just pulled it up so that there wasn't a void where the mobo was.  You'll need to go second hand to get the mobo and cpu, thus I can't really say how it will cost much or what model you get 

3 minutes ago, Conman655 said:

Probably not, though you can get a 4 pack for 10 bucks and that would help with temps.

6 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Probably not, though you can get a 4 pack for 10 bucks and that would help with temps.

Just now, Conman655 said:

again, more fans?

Just now, Conman655 said:

keybord?

What's the budget there?  For a plain black keyboard the cooler master and Logitech mechanical lineups would work well

just something better than the dell keyboard KB212-B price range 20 bucks around

One of these?