Infected computer?

SnipingBow

Ok first lets talk about convenience vs security.

You want to make things secure but just enough that your actually going to follow your security plan.  You can make things super super secure but if it makes it so hard to access your information your just going to end up bypassing you own security. So my recommendation is keep it simple.

Personally if I need something very secure, I think just get a Linux Live CD do what I need to do. Then reboot back into windows when I am done.
However for most of my personal activities I just use my normal windows 10 install. After I disabled all of the windows 10 crap. I also use windows defender for my AV, uBlock Origins and Privacy badger as browser add-ons. I also use VMs if I need run questionable software.

With my personal information, have an unencrypted copy of it on two thumb drives I store in a secure location. However because I need access to that information from anywhere I have encrypted copies of it on my personal file server that I can access from anywhere. So when I need it I can decrypte it get when I need and encrypt it again. I use VeraCrypt very good program, you can use password or key files or a combination of both.