TV on the fritz, suggestions needed.

AmateurPCGuy

Our Haier 48" suddenly decided to hit the fan and killed half of the LED backlight on its own. If we can't get to fix this, we might be on the verge of looking for a new panel.

Basically, here's what we have plugged in:

a WDTV media player

a Cable Set Top Box

a Karaoke player via RCA

and the TV has an audio out (also via RCA), connected to an amplifier with a 5.1 audio setup, in case we want to switch from the TV's built in speakers to that.

at the very least, I want to replicate that, but to be specific, here's the "must haves" for the TV we would like to have:

48-55" (we have a small living room, no need for oversized panels)

1080p (this country ain't ready for 4K, sadly)

decent speakers (we don't need to be on the amplifier way too much)

at least 2 HDMIs (in case we're plugging a laptop here for some reason, hotswapping the WDTV's HDMI cable to the laptop is fine for us)

RCA (someone in the fam likes to sing their heart out)

so far, I'm taking an interest into the processing method of some TVs where the source file is forced to run at 60Hz (terminology depends on manufacturer lol), and we don't need Internet on our TV, cause that "defeats the purpose of having phones and laptops"

any suggestions?

I do component level TV repair as a job actually.

Unfortunately, its usually not an easy repair, but I've seen different failure modes.

Either the TV's backlight inverter blows up, or the LED backlight itself goes out.

I'd suggest placing the TV face down on a table with a blanket, and take the back cover off to see what you can find. If the inverter is blown, replacing the board (if you can even find one) may fix the issue.

Just be cautious of any stored charges in capacitors, its not uncommon to not have discharge resistors in TVs