NZXT Kraken x62 and Hue+. Only one USB 2.0

Hi guys!

I just ordered an NZXT Kraken x62 to replace my Cryorig H7, because it got quite loud lately. Kraken requires an USB 2.0 header to control it's LED's. Anyways, with that, just to add some shine, I also bought NZXT Hue+, which also requires USB 2.0. I only have one USB 2.0 header on motherboard free, but I also have 3.0 one. So now, my question. Can I actually connect one of them to USB 3.0? It's not going to interfere with anything? Is there really a difference? 

I'm a conductor of a POOP train!

2 minutes ago, Hydroxyl said:

Hi guys!

I just ordered an NZXT Kraken x62 to replace my Cryorig H7, because it got quite loud lately. Kraken requires an USB 2.0 header to control it's LED's. Anyways, with that, just to add some shine, I also bought NZXT Hue+, which also requires USB 2.0. I only have one USB 2.0 header on motherboard free, but I also have 3.0 one. So now, my question. Can I actually connect one of them to USB 3.0? It's not going to interfere with anything? Is there really a difference? 

Yes you can as long as you get the proper adapter for going from USB3.0 to internal USB 2.0. If you need also there are internal USB splitters such as this:

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

Ok, thanks! I think I simply go for NZXT splitter. At least it's going to look cool :D

i had the same problem with my last build, and also went with the hub from nzxt. its easy to use but u need space in your case to hide it.

I have a white Corsair Air 540. I have a LOT of space :P

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Yes you can as long as you get the proper adapter for going from USB3.0 to internal USB 2.0. If you need also there are internal USB splitters such as this:

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

Just be careful with that USB splitter. There been a few posts over at Asus forums of the device breaking and some have even had the casing melt on them. I would go with Aqua-Computer Hubby7. It's much better built.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

Just be careful with that USB splitter. There been a few posts over at Asus forums of the device breaking and some have even had the casing melt on them. I would go with Aqua-Computer Hubby7. It's much better built.

I assume they must have placed a high load device on the splitter, as it doesn't have aux power it should only be for data or low powered stuff. 

So would you recommend connecting Kraken and HUE+ to it? Technically, both of them have a separate power sources, so... I don't really know.

24 minutes ago, Hydroxyl said:

So would you recommend connecting Kraken and HUE+ to it? Technically, both of them have a separate power sources, so... I don't really know.

It's not a problem with those are they are mainly for communication than anything else. 

Ok, thanks! Just one more question. As my Gigabyte z170 XP-SLI does not have a AIO_PUMP header, can you easly connect it to FAN_1 or something? What is the difference between them? 

1 minute ago, Hydroxyl said:

Ok, thanks! Just one more question. As my Gigabyte z170 XP-SLI does not have a AIO_PUMP header, can you easly connect it to FAN_1 or something? What is the difference between them? 

Plug the AIO's pump to your CPU header, it'll give you a CPU fan error if the pump were to fail. There isn't really a difference between the AIO pump header, some have it so it always provides 12V or just slightly higher current carrying capacity.

Thank you! It's baisically my first time using AIO coolers, so I just wanted to ask experts. Anyways, thanks a lot for help :)