Sparks near motherboard PWR pins

I pressed the case power button and my PC doesn't turn on even though it was working just 30 minutes ago. Opened up the side panel and tried using a screwdriver to bridge the pins. The lights and fans started up for a split second and then I saw a tiny spark near the motherboard pins and everything shuts down again. Now it won't turn on at all. But the motherboard light, GPU light, ethernet  light, and keyboard LEDs are still on when the PSU is powered on. Why is the PC itself not working? Are sparks bad? Does it make sense that one specific part of the motherboard has stopped working? 

Specs:

Case: Define R4 

CPU: i7 4770k 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87

RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 

Storage: Adata 128GB SSD and WD 1TB HDD 

PSU: SeaSonic 750W 

Bridge which pims? Sparks are bad.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

you saw sparks, it doesnt matter what the problem was, the board is dead now.

replace the board, and probably replace the psu

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

8 hours ago, Tsuki said:

you saw sparks, it doesnt matter what the problem was, the board is dead now.

replace the board, and probably replace the psu

How can the board be dead if power is still going through it? Is it just that specific part? If so, any way to fix that specific part? 

9 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

Bridge which pims? Sparks are bad.

I tried bridging the pwr pins on the motherboard and saw a tiny spark. 

4 hours ago, vigorstick said:

How can the board be dead if power is still going through it? Is it just that specific part? If so, any way to fix that specific part? 

the problem is that you have no idea what that charge affected.   SOMETHING is 100% dead on that board. sure it still gets power, but so does my old laptop that doesnt turn on anymore. 

in order to prevent potential damage to other components, it should be replaced immediately. otherwise you risk killing your ram, cpu, or even the gpu

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

23 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

the problem is that you have no idea what that charge affected.   SOMETHING is 100% dead on that board. sure it still gets power, but so does my old laptop that doesnt turn on anymore. 

in order to prevent potential damage to other components, it should be replaced immediately. otherwise you risk killing your ram, cpu, or even the gpu

Makes sense. Thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, Tsuki said:

I read the motherboard manual and turns out there's a power button on the motherboard titled "DirectKey". Not sure how I missed that. I got the computer up and running and even started playing some games. Everything is working fine so far except that the front panel pins still aren't working. Is it still possible that other components could still get damaged even though everything else looks good? Couldn't I just use the "DirectKey" button for the meantime?