brand new seagate 4tb hdd i/o error

KCS

Hi Guys so I have installed a brand new 4tb internal seagate hard drive. When i try to initialize the drive i receive a message the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Please advise what to do ? Is the device dead on arrival?

I just built it last year m170 a pro motherboard with 6600k. Ssd running operating system. I will have a look.

I am on Windows 10 64 bit. I was not using mbr to intiliaze the drive.

the event viewer is showing this error "VDS fails to write boot code on a disk during clean operation. Error code: 8007045D@02070008"

Sorry to hear your new drive is giving you trouble. If you can get the software to see it, run our diagnostic program SeaTools to scan the drive for errors. 

You can also look into doing an RMA if it's under warranty by going to our Warranty Validation Tool.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

• 3 years later...
On 12/29/2017 at 11:37 PM, seagate_surfer said:

Sorry to hear your new drive is giving you trouble. If you can get the software to see it, run our diagnostic program SeaTools to scan the drive for errors. 

You can also look into doing an RMA if it's under warranty by going to our Warranty Validation Tool.

I too have same issue with my Maxtor M3 2TB drive, please help!