Windows 7 issue help

Mahbub

This is my rig.. I mounted second monitor far and on that i have the black bad on the right side.. also sometimes the setting at start automatically changes to only show my main monitor then i have to manually change it to extend the displays..i tried to pull the second display setting far {first pic} but it comes back  ... also i have all drivers updates yet gadgets are lagging. please help

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG

Pictures 1 and 2: that's how it's supposed to work. It's an EXTENDED screen. Pixel count has to continue, and there won't be a "pixel gap". (for example, going from 1-1280 px on screen one, pixel gap of about 100, and then going on the second screen from 1380-2660. It will be (in this example) from 1-1280 on screen one, to 1281-2560. Can't be changed.

As for turning the secondary screen on again: I've had the same kind of issue when extending the desktop. When one of the screens was turned off on boot, it might not show up when you turn it on >>> need to extend the desktop again. And I doubt you can fix that, other then just having both screens on before turning on your PC. (and keeping both screens on as long as you have the pc on) It's plug and play, but not that kind of plug and play.

11 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Pictures 1 and 2: that's how it's supposed to work. It's an EXTENDED screen. Pixel count has to continue, and there won't be a "pixel gap". (for example, going from 1-1280 px on screen one, pixel gap of about 100, and then going on the second screen from 1380-2660. It will be (in this example) from 1-1280 on screen one, to 1281-2560. Can't be changed.

As for turning the secondary screen on again: I've had the same kind of issue when extending the desktop. When one of the screens was turned off on boot, it might not show up when you turn it on >>> need to extend the desktop again. And I doubt you can fix that, other then just having both screens on before turning on your PC. (and keeping both screens on as long as you have the pc on) It's plug and play, but not that kind of plug and play.

then how to get rid of the black bar?

Drag the small screen to the left side, so it get's the taskbar displayed. Check where the clock is positioned. If it's in the "black area", your screen is most likely broken. If it's not, there is some other unknown issue going on. But pulling your second screen far to the right and having it skip back, is normal and won't fix your issue anyways.

13 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Drag the small screen to the left side, so it get's the taskbar displayed. Check where the clock is positioned. If it's in the "black area", your screen is most likely broken. If it's not, there is some other unknown issue going on. But pulling your second screen far to the right and having it skip back, is normal and won't fix your issue anyways.

no the clock dosent go into black area... also another thing i found is if i place my second screen near to the main screen or next to it.. this issue goes.. no black bars.. as soon as i am mounting far the black bar retuens

In that case, I would check resolution settings. The pixel count to the end seems to just cut off. (not enough pixels get send to the screen) If this doesn't fix your issue, maybe someone else might be able to help. I can't.

8 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

In that case, I would check resolution settings. The pixel count to the end seems to just cut off. (not enough pixels get send to the screen) If this doesn't fix your issue, maybe someone else might be able to help. I can't.

i think i will just stop using the second monitor

So you want the black bars to become white or what? Just glue paper sheet on the sides of your monitor you racist. :-D but seriously that seems like a resultion/ratio issue, check your particular monitor model res and remember it, then try to set it to the right resolution in multiple places like nvidia control panels, windows and stuff like that, good luck.

Your second monitor may have different res? In that case it might require more complicated steps/customization of the settings, maybe there are softwares that may help but I don't know, someone else will have to bring more light to this.

Also I don't understand why it would remove your settings... weird. Maybe you could do it trought another software that would do things better.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=multiple+monitor+software&oq=multiple+monitor+software&aqs=chrome..69i57.5862j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Are any of these really helpful? Or are they weird doubtful softwares?