PC Using ALOT of ram just with chrome...

Articxslack

I have 16gb ram and i'm sitting at 13.5 usage with just chrome open. The weird thing is that task manager says chrome is not using that much????? [screenshots taken at the same time and the process list is sorted by highest usage]

abb489ea1839d52751e86d1df2c54ee5.png
https://gyazo.com/abb489ea1839d52751e86d1df2c54ee5

3bc3c065c10fede39e53f32424e0b314.png
https://gyazo.com/3bc3c065c10fede39e53f32424e0b314

1 minute ago, _BJE_ said:

a virus? maybe?

Makes no sense, I only have windows and my games here. Discord and skype are the only exception.

1 minute ago, Unoffical-ChrisK said:

100%- run malware-bytes.

Doing that now, if no results, I will do what M.Yurizaki said.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Your non-paged pool is eating up most of the RAM, which is indication of a leaking driver.

So far the most usual suspect is the network driver. Especially so if you have a Killer NIC based kind. So update/reinstall the network drivers and see what happens.

Will do this if malware bytes comes up clean

6 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Your non-paged pool is eating up most of the RAM, which is indication of a leaking driver.

So far the most usual suspect is the network driver. Especially so if you have a Killer NIC based kind. So update/reinstall the network drivers and see what happens.

Running malware bytes now and yes I do have a killer NIC. So I will re install that after.

Malwarebytes is for malware. It's not an antivirus, unless you're using Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium, which doesn't in fact work well as an antivirus program anyway. After scanning with Malwarebytes, run a separate antivirus, preferably a decent one such as Avast, Kaspersky or similar, not Windows Defender, Norton or McAfee. Another thing to check is that you don't have Chrome open to a site that uses your GPU for mining, or other such shenanigans.

You can use the free trial :P And I find it picks up most of what AV's do as well, it just may not be able to remove or quarantine it.

Never heard of a leaky driver using that much ram before. If so, damn!

9 minutes ago, Unoffical-ChrisK said:

You can use the free trial :P And I find it picks up most of what AV's do as well, it just may not be able to remove or quarantine it.

Never heard of a leaky driver using that much ram before. If so, damn!

17 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Malwarebytes is for malware. It's not an antivirus, unless you're using Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium, which doesn't in fact work well as an antivirus program anyway. After scanning with Malwarebytes, run a separate antivirus, preferably a decent one such as Avast, Kaspersky or similar, not Windows Defender, Norton or McAfee. Another thing to check is that you don't have Chrome open to a site that uses your GPU for mining, or other such shenanigans.

Re installing the drivers has fixed my issue. As stated before, malwarebytes picked up nothing because I only have steam and games here, but yea thanks for the ideas.!

12 minutes ago, Articxslack said:

Re installing the drivers has fixed my issue. As stated before, malwarebytes picked up nothing because I only have steam and games here, but yea thanks for the ideas.!

Give it a few days or however long you normally leave your computer on before declaring victory though. :P

Memory leak bugs are not fun to fix (I had to fix one, the test involved waiting four hours. Test equipment also could not be left unattended. Best test ever /s)