Just built my first pc, already running into issues, I need help.

MrNut1

So I recently built myself an entry level machine, which worked great for the first day. I used the Ryzen 3 1200, the AsRock ab350m Pro 4, the GTX 1060 3gb variant, an SSD, and 8 GB of DDR 4 2400 from Ballistix. Everything was working fine until I tried to overclock, I started with a simple overclock to 3500 MHz and 1.2 volts and that’s when my computer Ben to start freezing and start to shut down at random. I got rid of all my overclocks by clearing the CMOS and I restarted my pc. I still was running into issues after that, my computer freezes even when I try to boot it up and it doesn’t seem to work for more than 20 seconds now. Thermals we’re fine when I checked them, but I don’t know what’s happening. I can’t even reset my computer because it crashes during the process every time. I fear that I may have a dud motherboard or that I may have damaged some hardware somehow in the process. If anyone knows a solution to my problem please respond.

6 minutes ago, MrNut1 said:

So I recently built myself an entry level machine, which worked great for the first day. I used the Ryzen 3 1200, the AsRock ab350m Pro 4, the GTX 1060 3gb variant, an SSD, and 8 GB of DDR 4 2400 from Ballistix. Everything was working fine until I tried to overclock, I started with a simple overclock to 3500 MHz and 1.2 volts and that’s when my computer Ben to start freezing and start to shut down at random. I got rid of all my overclocks by clearing the CMOS and I restarted my pc. I still was running into issues after that, my computer freezes even when I try to boot it up and it doesn’t seem to work for more than 20 seconds now. Thermals we’re fine when I checked them, but I don’t know what’s happening. I can’t even reset my computer because it crashes during the process every time. I fear that I may have a dud motherboard or that I may have damaged some hardware somehow in the process. If anyone knows a solution to my problem please respond.

There's a Techquickie video about this "Why overclocking voids your warranty" and this is a prime example. Some CPU units can be overclocked more than advertised, and you can burn others by overvolting them just a bit. I'd recommend finding someone to lend you another Socket whatever and see if its a mobo problem or a CPU problem. RMA the, if that's the case, and hope for the best.

Did you update your BIOS when you built the PC? Was it a clean OS install or cloned from another system or an upgrade? And did you install the latest chipset drivers from the AMD website?