PlayStation

XiiXii808

Do you think i should replace the thermal paste in my PlayStation 3? i got a PS3 slim 120gb recently working great! (not the super slim) and was wondering if i should replace the thermal paste. I had the original 60GB PS3 from 2006 and never opened it up for repairs or anything until 6 months ago it died from overheating and when i opened it myself 3  weeks ago the thermal paste was like hard rubber. I was thinking if maybe i replaced the thermal paste in my "new" ps3 it will last a lot longer. Do you think it's a good idea to replace the paste?

if you feel it is running hotter than usual then go for it. Use Ifixit and take it slow and you should be fine.

9 minutes ago, XiiXii808 said:

Do you think i should replace the thermal paste in my PlayStation 3? i got a PS3 slim 120gb recently working great! (not the super slim) and was wondering if i should replace the thermal paste. I had the original 60GB PS3 from 2006 and never opened it up for repairs or anything until 6 months ago it died from overheating and when i opened it myself 3  weeks ago the thermal paste was like hard rubber. I was thinking if maybe i replaced the thermal paste in my "new" ps3 it will last a lot longer. Do you think it's a good idea to replace the paste?

No. Don't open it while warranty lasts.

3 minutes ago, asus killer said:

No. Don't open it while warranty lasts.

PS3 dude, it's not under warranty anymore.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

PS3 dude, it's not under warranty anymore.

they still sell them new at least in my country, and the OP's says he just got his. I guess it can be used, did not think about that. And probably is because it's not the super slim. 

So nevermind... :D