Pc doesn’t post

Elegy

I have an MSI z97 with a 4690k and 16gb of ram. I recently installed a new cpu cooler and a new hard drive and when I turn it on, the bios doesn’t even post. Help?

21 minutes ago, Elegy said:

I have an MSI z97 with a 4690k and 16gb of ram. I recently installed a new cpu cooler and a new hard drive and when I turn it on, the bios doesn’t even post. Help?

What does your PC do when you try to turn it on?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Have you tried booting with only one stick of RAM in at a time, and changing which slot the RAM stick you're testing is in at each boot? Also a cold boot can sometimes help - turn off the PSU at the back, unplug the power cable, press the front power button to discharge any remaining current, plug the cable back into the PSU after a few seconds, turn on the PSU switch, press the front power switch. Also, if you haven't already check that the CPU is properly seated and that the cooler is flush and set properly. Even try without the new cooler attached (only for a matter of seconds obviously), just to eliminate that from the equation.

36 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

What does your PC do when you try to turn it on?

The lights turn on along with the fans, but the debug LED on the mobodoesnt turn on. And it doesn’t post

36 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Have you tried booting with only one stick of RAM in at a time, and changing which slot the RAM stick you're testing is in at each boot? Also a cold boot can sometimes help - turn off the PSU at the back, unplug the power cable, press the front power button to discharge any remaining current, plug the cable back into the PSU after a few seconds, turn on the PSU switch, press the front power switch. Also, if you haven't already check that the CPU is properly seated and that the cooler is flush and set properly. Even try without the new cooler attached (only for a matter of seconds obviously), just to eliminate that from the equation.

I have tried that

It's going to be a pain in the ass but I'd recommend disconnecting anything that isn't vital for POST, so hard drives, ssd's, all of that, and then reconnecting things one at a time and, if that doesn't work, take the mobo out of the case and try it, in case there is a short somewhere.

@Elegy When you swapped CPU coolers did you remove the CPU?

If you did then you could check the pins in the socket and make sure none of them is bent.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.