PC runs but shows no display.

Hey guys,

I recently built a new system here are the specs:-

Ryzen 3 1200

asus prime b350m-k motherboard

asus gtx 1050ti 4gb phoenix edition graphics card

kingston 8gb ddr4 2400mhz single module.

corsair cx 450w power supply 

120 gb adata ssd.

after the build, i tried powering it on,the PC turned on, i saw all the fans spinning(case fans,gpu,cpu),motherboard led lit up, but on the monitor i saw no output.

the monitor still said no signal and yes i connected the monitor into the graphics card and i tried both anyways. still i did not receive any output.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it.

Most monitors have buttons on them that change the input. Make sure your monitor is searching through the right port (i.e. if you're plugged in through hdmi, make sure the monitor is set to hdmi).

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

Most monitors have buttons on them that change the input. Make sure your monitor is searching through the right port (i.e. if you're plugged in through hdmi, make sure the monitor is set to hdmi).

I tried that as well

1. Make sure every power cable is plugged in correctly

2. Double check any and all cables to make sure they are plugged in correctly

3. Make sure everything is seated properly (GPU, RAM, CPU)

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

1 minute ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

1. Make sure every power cable is plugged in correctly

2. Double check any and all cables to make sure they are plugged in correctly

3. Make sure everything is seated properly (GPU, RAM, CPU)

yes i did double check every thing, i even plugged the cables correct, and removed and put ram and gpu twice.

ok i found out the problem(i guess). 

i tried putting in another gpu an old one (gt 210 i guess). and connected it via vga.

and i got the output.

so i thought it must be the gpu i was using that caused the problem. but then i connected the old gpu via hdmi and again, no signal.

so i thought it must be the hdmi cable that must be damaged, but then i connected the hdmi with my raspberry pi which worked fine.

now i am confused what is wrong actually.

it is safe to say that the cpu and ram are fine because it booted to bios.

according to my theory the reason why vga worked was because my mobo has vga so it should have vga driver in it but not hdmi as it does not have hdmi slot in it,

therefore hdmi in gpu will not work. i cannot confirm this until i get a dvi cable.if everything works fine with dvi then i can assume that it must be because i dont have a hdmi driver in mobo.