What software for crypto mining?

So i have free power so i guess i might as well mine right? Is there a mining software that allows me to adjust GPU usage? say so i can run it at 50% or something..

I have tried getting the software before. But then AVF screamed virus so i guess i have to resort to asking you guys.

What currency do you want to mine? It varies for each. Mining Bitcoin on a rig is just not worth it at all anymore, yeilding about .03 cents (USD) a year on my 1080Ti, not even accounting for electricity cost. NiceHash (think LTT did a vid on them) is a good option for just trying to have your PC generate some extra cash in it's free time. Don't think there's a way to set "50%" usage, but as seen in another LTT video, GPU performance degradation isn't really a problem. And the benchmarks ran on the card used for testing in the video are probably going to be a lot more intense then mining. Videos are dropped bellow, let me know if you have any questions :)

ft. Nice Hash

GPU degradation

Please do not use NiceHash, they were recently hacked and had all their Bitcoin stolen. I would not trust their security.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Nicehash have better security now. That's not the reason I would not recommend it. I don't recommend it because you can only get paid in bitcoin.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 12/26/2017 at 1:50 PM, DeadEyePsycho said:

Please do not use NiceHash, they were recently hacked and had all their Bitcoin stolen. I would not trust their security.

I'd wait until February to make that call, they have stated that they'll be paying out old accounts on 1/31/2018.  They certainly could have walked from that but they reached out to investors to fund the payout.

Regardless, you should be withdrawing funds from their provided wallet as soon as you reach the minimum amount.

13 minutes ago, Dark said:

I'd wait until February to make that call, they have stated that they'll be paying out old accounts on 1/31/2018.  They certainly could have walked from that but they reached out to investors to fund the payout.

Regardless, you should be withdrawing funds from their provided wallet as soon as you reach the minimum amount.

Paying back money has zero to do with security. They had their private key stolen, I would not trust them.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I am sure security can be improved. Either by themselves or by external companies. Either way a company with the solidity to payout the customers/users sounds fairly trustworthy

Either way.. what else can i use on my PC? and can i adjust the amount of GPU power it uses?

Security can be improved, but I wouldnt mine on nicehash for atleast now. I currently use awesomeminer with miningpoolhub (it checks the most profitable coin to mine and you can set that the coins mined get autoexchanged to bitcoin or any other crypto).

On 12/29/2017 at 1:18 PM, Dark said:

They will not be paying back at the end of January, the announcement was that they would ANNOUNCE their re-payment plans at the end of January.

I would not use nicehash for a few reasons. I've argued to death with people over a few things that i noticed, they take a portion of your hashing power, this is plan and simple my case. Using nicehash my RX cards struggled like a mother to get above 24mh/s, so much to the point that it tried every bios mod, timing strap alteration, memory timings, overclock setting you could try. When nicehash went down, i started using the BBT Multi-miner, and mining directly to pools and getting paid in alt coins, my cards instantly with no other changes went 28-31mh/s without any dicking around. So i feel that they use a portion of that as a profit for them, nothing i can 'prove' per say, but it was my own personal experience.

Coupled with the fact that if you are using an external wallet, it can take some time to mine the minimum amount unless you have a larger rig, with their internal account, well guess what everyones was stolen mine included due to poor security and out right stupidity on THEIR behalf, not only that when the hack happened, the lack of communication, and the shit eating grin on the criminal owners face when doing a live stream update some 3-4 days after the hack was enough to seal the deal for me.

Currently nicehash is not paying out that great, There are a few people i know that are back using it in hopes that it will help them when the time comes the announcement is made on re-payment of lost coin and lets just say it doesnt pay nearly as well as it did pre-hack.

I believe that since Nicehash went down, i have made more just by mining alt coins direct to pool. its hard to judge with markets bouncing around but the proof is in the pudding. If nicehash hadnt gotten hacked, and i had not lost my .08btc over 50% of my mining rig wouldve been paid off in 8weeks.... thats a considerable ROI IMHO....

There are other places like nicehash out there, and i still dont recommend using them. Sure they payout in BTC is nice, it is generally for the most part easier to use for a newcomer with less hassles on initial setup/market watch but at the end of the day, by mining alt coins yourself and choosing what to mine yourself you can do just as well if not way better. My motto this month has been chose 1 alt coin, and stick with it for the entire month. I chose ETH, and its paid off very well imho. Starting January 1 i will most likely choose another coin to mine for that month, depending on how the market trends are doing.

one mistake i see many people do, is bounce coin to coin nearly every other day because that is what hit the top profit list on Whattomine. I feel that by doing that you are netting losses compared to sticking with a coin and going for a minimum of 2 week stretch. I chose to stick to a month. I also HOLD coins, i have no intimidate need to sell what i mine. People need to stop looking at cryptocurrency INVESTING and MINING as a GET RICH QUICK scheme, and think of it as a long term INVESTMENT.  If you need to sell some coin everymonth to cover power consumption, or get ROI back then by all means do what you need. but i wouldnt be cashing everything you make out.

When you get good with reading markets and mining, start trading coin. You can make a bunch of extra profits IF you can do this properly. Its time consuming, and you need to watch the markets like a hawk. Stop looking at a USD or FISCAL currency conversion rate, and look at satoshi conversion rate based on BTC. Thats the real tell-tale on how well your doing.