Workstation build for 3D rendering and machine learning

I am new to the computer build scene, and i am looking for some advice for the best hardware / computer configuration for my new and first proper workstation. 

Some background information on what i need and where i would like to use it for. 
I am a multimedia designer / software engineer. And i have always worked with a mac book pro 13 inch. Since that is all i needed so far. But atm i am expanding my interests into 3D rendering and machine learning / AI. And my mac is really lacking in both departments :( . 

So my main requirements for this new pc are render speed and speed for modeling models for machine learning / ai. And secondary it would be great to use it for some gaming, but this is definitely NOT my main importance for this pc. 

So I thought it was time to upgrade to a proper work machine. I did some basic research on my needs and come to the following list of parts for my pc: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zrpqKZ
So my question is are these the best parts for my needs, and are these parts compatible and efficient together?
My budget is max 2000 euro. 

I am open to all your suggestions and tips! 
And i really appreciate all the help i can get :) 
If there is any more information you may need please let me know :) 

Best Thomas

Can you make the list so that the final currency is in euros?

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

This is in USD. Does 3D rendering focus on GPU or CPU?

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gj3zbj
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gj3zbj/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($405.98 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 120 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($131.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 HYBRID GAMING Video Card  ($824.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - Source 530 ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1927.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-26 10:49 EST-0500

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Here's one with Zen and a 4k Monitor

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/czbn3F
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/czbn3F/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 120 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($143.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Hybrid Gaming Video Card  ($614.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: BenQ - BL2711U 27.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor  ($459.00 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2082.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-26 10:56 EST-0500

Here's one on the TR4 socket

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jqY63F
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jqY63F/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1900X 3.8GHz 8-Core Processor  ($449.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Enermax - LiqTech TR4 240 102.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($123.49 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X399 Taichi ATX TR4 Motherboard  ($343.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Hybrid Gaming Video Card  ($614.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2057.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-26 11:00 EST-0500

Thank you for all the suggestions! But if it would be possible could you explanation a bit more in detail why these builds are good in relation to my needs. Since i dont know a lot about computer hardware. So that is why i would love to know why these are good setups for 3D rendering and machine learning. What makes this hardware specifically good for machine learning and rendering?

Thanks

Just now, FuturisticSpaceCake said:

Thank you for all the suggestions! But if it would be possible could you explanation a bit more in detail why these builds are good in relation to my needs. Since i dont know a lot about computer hardware. So that is why i would love to know why these are good setups for 3D rendering and machine learning. What makes this hardware specifically good for machine learning and rendering?

Thanks

As far as I'm concerned 3D rendering is CPU-intensive. And Threadripper is probably your best bet for that kind of work.

I'm not sure about the GPU's purpose besides "some gaming."

33 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

As far as I'm concerned 3D rendering is CPU-intensive. And Threadripper is probably your best bet for that kind of work.

I'm not sure about the GPU's purpose besides "some gaming."

Ok that sounds logical, and how would this be in regards of machine learning? I heard the training of a new "AI" model can be very gpu intensive and may require a lot of ram when the to be loaded data set is really big. So i think maybe 8gb of ram be a bit little. And are there any cpu's and gpu's that focus on these tasks specifically. Is there a difference in models? like xeon processors vs i processors. And i would like to stay on the intel side of things didnt hear a lot of good things about amd.

Just now, FuturisticSpaceCake said:

Ok that sounds logical, and how would this be in regards of machine learning? I heard the training of a new "AI" model can be very gpu intensive and may require a lot of ram when the to be loaded data set is really big. So i think maybe 8gb of ram be a bit little. And are there any cpu's and gpu's that focus on these tasks specifically. Is there a difference in models? like xeon processors vs i processors. And i would like to stay on the intel side of things didnt hear a lot of good things about amd.

Xeon is like server class, build for reliability and longer lifespans than their consumer processors. Which is probably why they're lower clocked.

The Vega cards might be better, maybe, but they're hella expensive and kinda hard to find.

And Threadripper is fine, especially since it's an enthusiast CPU that costs like $34-40 more than the i7-8700k. More cores, more Pcie lanes, and some more than I can't think of off the top of my head.