BIOS not loading

Duncwan

I’ve just built my first computer and it starts up fine and shows a page saying “press <del> to run BIOS, or <F11> to boot menu” as well as som MSI branding. However if I press either of these a little loading ring comes up and the the screen freezes. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated 

Parts:

Motherboard - mai X370 SLI PLUS

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600

RAM - 16gb (2 x 8gb) Corsair vengeance 

PSU - Corsair CS750M

GPU - zotac GeForce gym 1060

Storage - 2tb we blue and 250gb we blue ssd 

Just now, Duncwan said:

I’ve just built my first computer and it starts up fine and shows a page saying “press <del> to run BIOS, or <F11> to boot menu” as well as som MSI branding. However if I press either of these a little loading ring comes up and the the screen freezes. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated 

Parts:

Motherboard - mai X370 SLI PLUS

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600

RAM - 16gb (2 x 8gb) Corsair vengeance 

PSU - Corsair CS750M

GPU - zotac GeForce gym 1060

Storage - 2tb we blue and 250gb we blue ssd 

This is the screen it freezes on

C9E26FA3-9D72-4B83-8DEA-A282C5438A42.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Duncwan said:

This is the screen it freezes on

C9E26FA3-9D72-4B83-8DEA-A282C5438A42.jpeg

That's attempting to boot an operating system, your either not pressing quick enough or your keyboard isn't working.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Are you using your old HDD with an OS?

It's not a race to the bottom.

The problem was my keyboard i think? i used an older more basic one and now i can change the boot priority to my usb but it now freezes with the blue windows logo and a loading circle.

any ideas?

10 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

...Does it HAVE an operating system to even boot?

yes i have a usb with windows 10

7 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Are you using your old HDD with an OS?

dont have an old one this is my first build

33 minutes ago, Duncwan said:

The problem was my keyboard i think? i used an older more basic one and now i can change the boot priority to my usb but it now freezes with the blue windows logo and a loading circle.

any ideas?

Go into UEFI and set the following Options

Windows 10 Boot Mode - On

Secure Boot - On

Fast Boot - On

then use the boot menu to try and boot from the USB again. If it doesn't boot respond again.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

19 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Go into UEFI and set the following Options

Windows 10 Boot Mode - On

Secure Boot - On

Fast Boot - On

then use the boot menu to try and boot from the USB again. If it doesn't boot respond again.

sorry im new, but where would i find these in the uefi?

34 minutes ago, Duncwan said:

sorry im new, but where would i find these in the uefi?

On my board it's Setting > Start Up Options but yours might vary though they'll all be in Settings somewhere.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

On my board it's Setting > Start Up Options but yours might vary though they'll all be in Settings somewhere.

I cant find them