Need help on choosing a gpu on stores around me

Yana

Hello! I am wanting to get a 1060 6gb gpu from the stores locally around me, why you ask?  I do not have a credit card and my mom really just wants to order locally so that if there is something wrong with the pc part, itll be easier to return. The stores around me are bestbuy ,staples, office max etc.  This is an example of what i see in bestbuy's store https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=1060 6gb&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=&qp=currentprice_facet%3DPrice~%24250 - %24499.99&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Just go for the lowest cost one they are mostly all the same.

I too bought my 1060 6gb from bestbuy last year.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Just go for the lowest cost one they are mostly all the same.

I too bought my 1060 6gb from bestbuy last year.

Really? They really all just the same? And what happens if the card i buy makes a ton of noise

1 minute ago, Yana said:

Really? They really all just the same?

Yea they are basically all the exact same gpu and vram and heck some are the same pcb. 

you might see a 1% difference in the in SOME aspect somewhere but yeah it doesn't really matter they are all pretty much the same.

2 minutes ago, Yana said:

And what happens if the card i buy makes a ton of noise

put on some headphones and drown it out

put the computer in a different room

return it for a quieter one

don't buy one in the first place

play checkers , that's a nice quiet game. you get my point lol

4 minutes ago, Yana said:

Really? They really all just the same? And what happens if the card i buy makes a ton of noise

go for one that isn't a blower-style card as they tend to run hot and loud. otherwise try to get one with 2 fans on it. otherwise almost every single gpu is a good choice. (asus, msi and gigabyte are some of the more commen gpu makers and those gpu's are always not a bad choice)

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Yea they are basically all the exact same gpu and vram and heck some are the same pcb. 

you might see a 1% difference in the in SOME aspect somewhere but yeah it doesn't really matter they are all pretty much the same.

put on some headphones and drown it out

put the computer in a different room

return it for a quieter one

don't buy one in the first place

play checkers , that's a nice quiet game. you get my point lol

alright thank you!

Just now, Glennieboyyy007 said:

go for one that isn't a blower-style card as they tend to run hot and loud. otherwise try to get one with 2 fans on it. otherwise almost every single gpu is a good choice. (asus, msi and gigabyte are some of the more commen gpu makers and those gpu's are always not a bad choice)

any idea what PNY? The brand name for gpus

2 hours ago, Yana said:

any idea what PNY? The brand name for gpus

never had that one, but it's a good budget card according to other people. maybe you got a palit somewhere in store?

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Nothing wrong with getting them from best buy. Same gpu regardless. Temps will be fine assuming the case isn't shit.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz