Realtek/Razer Tiamat 7.1 problem

Jam-R

Hey evryone,

So I have a problem with my brand new Tiamat's, 7.1 just wont work, i have all the cables plugged in properly but the onboard realtek audio on my Asus Z77 V-Pro will only let me chose 5.1.

Realtek wont recognise the side pair of speakers. Also the microphone wont work even though it is showing up in the realtek control panel.

For the side pair of speakers not working, i have not been able to find anything about the problem on any other forum. In the realtek control panel, where you set the speaker config(stereo, 5.1, 7.1 etc), it is set to 5.1, and I can chose stereo, quadrophonic, 5.1 and 7.1, but when i chose any of them, it instantly changes back to 5.1. In windows sound when i try to config the headset, a very similar thing happens, if i select a different config other than the already selected-5.1(such as stereo or 7.1), then try and play the test tone, it doesnt play and I get an error message stating "Failed to play test tone".Although i get this error i can press next in the speaker setup process until i get to the end and click finish, then i get the message "format not supported by this device"

Another thing i noticed in windows sound is that i can not "disable" a device, i can click disable but nothing happens.

Also i dont have the latest drivers but when i update to the latest, the headset now produces no sound whatsoever, instead of running in 5.1.

Regarding the mic, it shows up in the realteck control panel(as I mentioned previously). But when i select it as the mic in skype, skype doesnt pick any input up whatsoever and sometimes the mic input volume gets defaulted to 0. If I try to make a call with the Tiamat mic selected, the call is instantly dropped with the error "problem with recording device"

The headset i used before the tiamat was the Turtle Beach px21, which i had set up for 5.1, but i didnt notice any problems while setting it up.

And dont tell me i shoudlnt of bought the tiamat or that i should headset x instead, and i would like to not have to get a soundcard to solve this problem.

BTW I'm running Win7 Home Premium.