Interesting Idea for my 3570k :)

nkucz

So I recently built a new Haswell system and don't want my 3570k to go to waste so I came up with a relatively cheap way to put it to use, this won't be a gaming system by any means but just a nice little system to browse the web and watch videos etc.

Parts:

Intel 3570k

Lian Li PC-Q30X (always wanted to build in this)

MSI Z77IA-E53

G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (Blue)

Silverstone ST30SF 300W

WD Blue 500GB 2.5" HDD

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/nkucz/saved/37wm

Hopefully will do all custom cabling, but can you custom cable a non-modular PSU? If not I will use extensions. Also, I will be using the stock Intel cooler but I will black out the sticker and sleeve the cables. All sleeving will be black and blue!

Thoughts?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Bit overkill for what you are going to use it for, but should look like a sick build!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

You can sleeve the cables, but you will have to open the psu which will void the warrenty.

edit: Id rather try to go with a higher wattage psu and put something like a 670 mini in there rocking every lan party

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Uses Intel CPU but has amd avatar

B)

My rig: Case: Cooler master storm scout

CPU: I5 3570k - Ram:  8Gb Kingston HyperX Blu

GPU: GTX 660 - Sorage: 2-1TB WD black;  120 GB samsung 840

You can sleeve the cables, but you will have to open the psu which will void the warrenty.

edit: Id rather try to go with a higher wattage psu and put something like a 670 mini in there rocking every lan party

hmmm, might just get extensions considering all I need that will show will be 24 pin and 8 pin

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

UUses Intel CpU but has amd avatar

B)

I like AMD video cards, I love both companies and don't fall victim to the war between them :)

if you put it in a HTPC case it might not be bad for watching linus tech episodes on your TV :P

;)

Bit overkill for what you are going to use it for, but should look like a sick build!

what is overkill? what should I cut back on? believe me I would love to save more money!

PCpartpicker said that the PSU was not compatible with the case? It's SFX I don't see the problem

if its just a browsing build then don't go z77 cause theres no point in overclocking a browsing pc

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

if its just a browsing build then don't go z77 cause theres no point in overclocking a browsing pc

I already have a 3570k that I'm no longer using

Actually came out to under $400 using PCpartpicker

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/nkucz/saved/37wm

i mean the motherboard go with a cheaper chipset than z77. z77 was built for overclocking go with something like this: 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131878&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

this has an h61 chipset which shouldnt bottleneck your 3570k and wont support much overclocking but its a quite a bit cheaper

-Linus Sebastian

i mean the motherboard go with a cheaper chipset than z77. z77 was built for overclocking go with something like this: 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131878&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

this has an h61 chipset which shouldnt bottleneck your 3570k and wont support much overclocking but its a quite a bit cheaper

oh cool! yea thats a great idea but are you sure it won't bottleneck my CPU at all? If not I might have to take that into consideration. 

oh cool! yea thats a great idea but are you sure it won't bottleneck my CPU at all? If not I might have to take that into consideration. 

not sure i dont know all too much about ivy bridge chipsets im pretty sure it wont but you never know, my main point was just dont go z77 because i do know thats the best chipset and its overkill. go to pcpartpicker.com and look they list all the chipsets there.

also think about the motherboard i showed you i was just using it as an example im not saying you should get it (not that its a bad choice).

-Linus Sebastian

not sure i dont know all too much about ivy bridge chipsets im pretty sure it wont but you never know, my main point was just dont go z77 because i do know thats the best chipset and its overkill. go to pcpartpicker.com and look they list all the chipsets there.

also think about the motherboard i showed you i was just using it as an example im not saying you should get it (not that its a bad choice).

Makes sense, I'm definitely going to use my 3570k though because thats the whole point of this build really! Lol thank you for your input. 

;)

what is overkill? what should I cut back on? believe me I would love to save more money!

No your cpu is overkill for just a HTPC haha, but otherwise its good mate

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

No your cpu is overkill for just a HTPC haha, but otherwise its good mate

well yea but I had it from previous build :)

well yea but I had it from previous build :)

Yer I realize that, I was just saying haha