Shut down issue.?.?

Ok, so recently i put together a PC for our kids to use.The PC was made from entirely spare parts i had lying around, with the exception of the case which i got on a Black Friday deal.

Spec

Asus P8 H61-MX usb 3

Intel i3-2120 3.3Ghz

GTX 670

4gb DDR3 1333Mhz  2 x 2gb

Seagate 500gb HDD

Hitachi 250gb HDD

Corsair VS 450w PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I know these parts are pretty old but i was happy to make good use of them and for our 6 and 7yr girls it'll do just fine.

Now the issue, Boots no problem works fine and runs surprisingly well but  when i shut the PC down windows shuts down fine, the display turns off but the PC stays on?? A 5 sec hold on the power button turns it of at this point and it boots again with no issue.   This may be simple problem and i could kick myself if it's something silly but i've tried swapping out PSUs and checked my power settings to no avail. 

Now when in windows, if i choose to restart the PC it shuts down windows, fully powers off, lights fans the lot then restarts..go figure.

So the PC is capable of totally powering off all be it during a restart but not when shut down via windows.

Can't wrap my head round this one.

tablet latest 030.jpg

tablet latest 026.jpg

try disable windows fast startup. open administrive command prompt and type "powercfg -h off"

Also try update drivers, I had a similar issue on my ryzen rig that was caused by an out of date raid driver causing the system to hang after windows had shit down for  a few minutes. Try leave the system for a bit after it has shutdown to see if it eventually powers off.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

1 minute ago, unknownmiscreant said:

try disable windows fast startup. open administrive command prompt and type "powercfg -h off"

Also try update drivers, I had a similar issue on my ryzen rig that was caused by an out of date raid driver causing the system to hang after windows had shit down for  a few minutes. Try leave the system for a bit after it has shutdown to see if it eventually powers off.

I shall give it a try!

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

I shall give it a try!

Thank you.

No luck there. :(