Upgrading ram for old motherboard, compatible list not found

R001
Go to solution Solved by HalGameGuru,

they don't evaluate that specific kit but there are some similarly clocked and timed ones that are compatible. If you ran it stock or XMP'ed it should work and I would think worst case scenario you'd bump the clocks to 1600 and just degrade the CAS Latency a little bit. It's a good board.

Depends on the retailer. It accumulates coupon and promo codes, but it also tracks price histories and cross references listings. So it may tell you that it has been cheaper on Amazon so you should wait for the better price, or it may say that Newegg has it at a better price than Amazon, or it may say some third party site has a coupon code right now that beats the pants off of either big name retailer. All depends

18 minutes ago, HalGameGuru said:

Depends on the retailer. It accumulates coupon and promo codes, but it also tracks price histories and cross references listings. So it may tell you that it has been cheaper on Amazon so you should wait for the better price, or it may say that Newegg has it at a better price than Amazon, or it may say some third party site has a coupon code right now that beats the pants off of either big name retailer. All depends

Ah this is a waiting game, the problem with buying international is that you need everything to be on discount at the same time so you could save a fortune on shipping, can't buy one by one, what I am facing now is, the mouse pad is on discount but the ram isn't, the third item will be on discount after two days but mouse pad deal will be over, with free shipping that's cool, with costly shipping it doesn't work, for price history I use Keepa, it's way better than camelcamelcamel, you even get info about coming lightning deals, I am still new to these tools.

1 hour ago, HalGameGuru said:

You don't have a domestic e-tailer option?

Domestic retailer? one of them selling Logitech G900 $224, that is not an option, that's a horror show :ph34r:

I can't really say for sure, no idea where you're at or what the state of affairs is in retail or e-tail for your area. Depending on your area you may have cheaper options from other regions than the US.