morse code over 3.5mm

rainbowpwny

kind of an odd one, we did a secret Santa with my friends and i got the one with bad internet so i though Morse code, is there anyway i can make something that will play the sound over a 3.5 mm jack so he can plug it in a use it with discord? any help would be appreciated

why you reading this for?

Morse code isn't a sound...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

you're not wrong ill give you that, i didnt really word that well, is there any way i can make something that makes the stereotypical sound of morse code

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Morse code isn't a sound...

What's stopping from simply messaging them? Bad internet still means internet is present so there is still better options for communication.

Ham Radio Deluxe

FLDigi

WSJT

to name a few.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

13 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

What's stopping from simply messaging them? Bad internet still means internet is present so there is still better options for communication.

His internet was soo bad at one point we were joking about saying he should use morse so we could understand him and i couldn't really think of a better weird gift

1 minute ago, rainbowpwny said:

His internet was soo bad at one point we were joking about saying he should use morse so we could understand him and i couldn't really think of a better weird gift

How far does he live from you? If he is close enough you can simply get walkie talkies; some have ranges >20 miles.

for which you need a licence to operate. GMRS is not an unlicenced band.

System specs:

28 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

for which you need a licence to operate. GMRS is not an unlicenced band.

When people talk about walkie-talkies they are usually talking about unlicensed frs radios, not gmrs.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1 minute ago, bob345 said:

When people talk about walkie-talkies they are usually talking about unlicensed frs radios, not gmrs.

when someone says walkie talkies that go 20+KM, they are, becuase FRS wont make it across town...

System specs:

If your friend wants to learn CW maybe the best gift to give him would be the current ARRL technician class handbook and a simple radio with a CW mode.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME