Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X or AD700-900x with ModMic 4

candidate
Go to solution Solved by Drake Mallard,

From what I've read the 900x has better bass and vocals than the 700x making it a better headphone choice for what you're looking for. Not sure about the 900x vs the ADG1x in terms of sound but the ADG1X does have a really good mic.

Hi

I want to ask is it worth to buy ATH-ADG1X mainly for games and movies? I'm considering also cheaper model AD700 or 900X +ModMic 4.0 or the cheapest ( but still good ? ) ATH-PDG1 ?

Currently I'm using Sennheiser HD595.

Is the ATH-ADG1X currently the best gaming headset solution all in one (headphones + built in microphone) on the market ?

13 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

a990z + mod mic would be pretty lit

Appreciate replay but I'm looking for open headset and a990z seems to be closed one.

From what I've read the 900x has better bass and vocals than the 700x making it a better headphone choice for what you're looking for. Not sure about the 900x vs the ADG1x in terms of sound but the ADG1X does have a really good mic.

On 14.12.2017 at 5:38 PM, Drake Mallard said:

I'm looking at specifications at Audio-Technica WebSite and it seems that 900x are preety much same as ADG1x - just look at below screenshots:

Zpy7zSH.pngqCGCYQf.png

They may sound different even when they have similar specs like the 700x vs the 900x. Once again I can't really find any info on the ADG1x vs the 900x in terms of sound. I guess it depends on if you're looking for a headphone just for gaming with a permanent mic sticking out or if you're looking for an allrounder headphone for gaming, music, and movies/videos watching. Sorry for the late reply.