Water Cooling Question

I just got a Phanteks Enthoo evolv Matx Case Tg and i am thinking of making a custom watercooling loop. i have a preety newb question. will there be a problem if you mount a reservoir-pump combo upside down?? i am open to any suggestions of making it work.

upside down is not reccommended as D5 pumps need to be fully submerged to work properly. with a little modding you could have the pump/res combo down in the PSU basement like i had with my Enthoo mATX build tough

20170712_200514.thumb.jpg.9d811a4194e95ff5370af469ee94877d.jpg20170712_194818.thumb.jpg.85ae19aa40e1484c6fc2e5c8592f6397.jpg

5 hours ago, hellraiserqq said:

I just got a Phanteks Enthoo evolv Matx Case Tg and i am thinking of making a custom watercooling loop. i have a preety newb question. will there be a problem if you mount a reservoir-pump combo upside down?? i am open to any suggestions of making it work.

Can you show us what you are planning out, as said you cannot mount a pump res upside down the the pump up as there would be no way for the pump to draw the fluid and risking the pump running dry. 

6 hours ago, W-L said:

Can you show us what you are planning out, as said you cannot mount a pump res upside down the the pump up as there would be no way for the pump to draw the fluid and risking the pump running dry. 

i havent bought any of the parts yet so i cant really show you. also its my first time custom water cooling and i have no idea what to buy. i am looking through the ekwb website and i got a list of stuff. but the rad position worries me a bit cause it doesnt seem to fit somewhere neatly

I will be watercooling my 7700k cpu and 1080 gigabyte gpu on an asus strix  z270-g 

23 minutes ago, hellraiserqq said:

i havent bought any of the parts yet so i cant really show you. also its my first time custom water cooling and i have no idea what to buy. i am looking through the ekwb website and i got a list of stuff. but the rad position worries me a bit cause it doesnt seem to fit somewhere neatly

I will be watercooling my 7700k cpu and 1080 gigabyte gpu on an asus strix  z270-g 

To chime in with @W-L, most watercooling pumps are gravity fed, they do not suck water in. So if the pump is upside down it will have no way of receiving water and will run dry and then die.