What will fit, is quiet and will keep an 8700k cool?

Sativa

I'm searching since weeks for the perfect CPU Cooling Solution.

I'm going to build an i7 8700k on an Asus STRIX Z370-I Motherboard.

I'm going to use the UMX3 by Jonsbo/Cooltek, so i have a limited Cooler height of 163mm.

Also, it's the Windowed Version, so i would prefer something that looks nice.

I will need a good amount of clearance for G.Skill Trident Z Memory (44mm).

The UMX3 Case only has support for 1x120 and 1x140 mm fan, i could easily install a 120mm AiO, but as i've seen, those really can't hold up to most Air Coolers like the (cheap but nice) 212 EVO, so I don't really want to do that.
I thought about using a 140 AiO because those are atleast able to outperform some of the Aircoolers and they look really nice (thinking about NZXTs X42).

Sadly i am really limited by the Radiator + Fan size, they can't be more than ~55 mm.

Please help me find a Silent, Cool, Nice looking CPU cooler. Air/Water i don't really care.

Money won't be much of an limit.

(Also i am planning to Overclock the CPU in the near future, but that won't be a top priority)

I've added a picture of the Case from the manufacturer site.

56.jpg

14 minutes ago, Sativa said:

they can't be more than ~55 mm.

usually it less than 55mm - as a radiator is usually 25mm thick - 27 at most - unless it's a double rad which it won't suit you anyway (could double check on the manufacturer's website) and a fan is again 25mm thick - so you should be fine, but double check

Personal experience - looks a lot nicer, cleaner and you might be surprised by it's performance compared to an air cooler (have a look at the picture of my latest build)

20171212_233231.thumb.jpg.726b924f80eea2f111c5d94908282cd2.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

Cryorig H7

Gammaxx 400

Noctua U12P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

53 minutes ago, Sativa said:

Please help me find a Silent, Cool, Nice looking CPU cooler. Air/Water i don't really care

And these would be the options

140.JPG

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

@JobbelsNL Sadly i don't have space for a double Radiator anywhere, like i said, i have support for 1x120 and 1x140.

I thought about x42 but i am afraid it wont fit.

What about the Noctua D15S?  It's offset to one side for more RAM clearance.  I believe it clears up to 65mm in RAM height.

1 hour ago, EvoKnvl said:

What about the Noctua D15S?  It's offset to one side for more RAM clearance.  I believe it clears up to 65mm in RAM height.

yes, wow didnt think about that this cooler existed. clears the side, will offer probably the best cooling performance of all your options

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

@EvoKnvl

Yeah i already thought about the D15/D15S, The D15S may fit, but its kinda ugly imo.
I don't really like the standart silver from the fins.

@Bananasplit_00

Cryorig H7 is a okay option, i will think about it when i decide.

@r3loAded

Do you have some information on the Cooling performance for the Kraken X42?

I really like the esthetics.

Someone maybe has the X42 and can take a measurement of the width of Rad + Fan? I need to make sure it fits.

What do you guys think about the beQuiet Dark Rock TF?

I think it will look superb with a RGB Fan as replacement, but i am unsure about the cooling performance.

I know the DRP3 would be better in cooling performance and probably noise wise, but i can't be sure if it will fit with my TridenZ Memory without lifting the Fan, which i wont be able to.

3 minutes ago, Sativa said:

Taken from their website. Looks like it won't be good for you as it's 30mm. Even though that would make a total of 55mm total thickness, it might be a little bit too tight and I don't know if you're gonna be able to squeeze it in (depends on the case if there's anything that won't let you put it up in position - or maybe you could install, if possible, the fan and the rad separately - can you add a picture where it will be installed)

Regarding cooling solution for the money they're asking for, it better be a good one. Personally I cannot provide feedback regarding this concern.

x42.JPG

24 minutes ago, Sativa said:

@EvoKnvl

Yeah i already thought about the D15/D15S, The D15S may fit, but its kinda ugly imo.
I don't really like the standart silver from the fins.

@Bananasplit_00

Cryorig H7 is a okay option, i will think about it when i decide.

@r3loAded

I really like the esthetics.

Someone maybe has the X42 and can take a measurement of the width of Rad + Fan? I need to make sure it fits.

What do you guys think about the beQuiet Dark Rock TF?

I think it will look superb with a RGB Fan as replacement, but i am unsure about the cooling performance.

I know the DRP3 would be better in cooling performance and probably noise wise, but i can't be sure if it will fit with my TridenZ Memory without lifting the Fan, which i wont be able to.

The Noctua coolers look pretty good IMO, and now they have this whole chroma thing option if you dislike the look of the top of the heatsink and the fans

Builds:

Spoiler

@r3loAded

Thanks, the preinstalled fan on the X42 is 26mm. When im at home im gonna try to measure the exact amount of space i have, it wont be that easy because i dont have a motherboard to put in the case yet.

About the position where i'd put the 140mm rad, if you take a look at the picture, the 140mm fan goes to the top, the 120mm to the back.
25.jpg

@Bananasplit_00 You are totally right about the Chroma thing. It makes them look way better. But those top plates for the heatsink adds another 6mm, plus DH15S height, im over my max height limit (6mm + 160mm) i need to stay below 163mm.

1 hour ago, Sativa said:

@r3loAded

Thanks, the preinstalled fan on the X42 is 26mm. When im at home im gonna try to measure the exact amount of space i have, it wont be that easy because i dont have a motherboard to put in the case yet.

About the position where i'd put the 140mm rad, if you take a look at the picture, the 140mm fan goes to the top, the 120mm to the back.
25.jpg

Looking at the case, the only interference that could occur is with the 120mm fan at the back. So if that's 57mm of clearance and you have 56mm of rad+fan, you should be good to go. I cannot see any installation interference, you got a clear way for installation (no other interferences that you'll need to pass) and I would recommend to install the rad with the tubing on the right hand side, facing the front of the case (not on the back).

Looking forward to see how it looks :)

@r3loAded Thank you very much. I still am unsure about interference with the Mainboard because of the Top heatspreader, but i guess i just have to try it out. I will create a Build on PCPP as soon as i have all the Hardware.

9e5718f2750d479e9db93d2dad3af3bf-1200x90

Just now, Sativa said:

@r3loAded Thank you very much. I still am unsure about interference with the Mainboard because of the Top heatspreader, but i guess i just have to try it out. I will create a Build on PCPP as soon as i have all the Hardware.

9e5718f2750d479e9db93d2dad3af3bf-1200x90

Oooooh...totally forgot about the motherboard clearance, fool me. That one might be tricky. Judging by these pictures of other builds it """""should"""" have enough clearance. But don't quote me on that.

cooltek-jonsbo-umx3-installed-large.jpg

900x900px-LL-4a4bf16d_69.jpg

900x900px-LL-886a182c_70.jpg

@r3loAded Okay, today the X42 and the Z370-I arrived, i made a few test fits in the UMX3 and experienced some issues. First of all, i had to rotate the Pump because it would block of both RAM slots. I know, the NZXT Logo is now sideways, but i think i just wont light it up. Next, the Radiator + Fan didn't fit because the CPU Power connector on the MoBo was interfering. SO i took a saw and a file and took one of the Corners of the fan of and voila, it fits. Its really close, i have like 1mm left for Rad+Fan.20171216_170317.thumb.jpg.940faf3743cbd85fcf745fe80091bf53.jpg20171216_170303.thumb.jpg.fd44d0cc66c2ce9ee38f46142741e04b.jpg20171216_170532.thumb.jpg.633c92d1356ac3bb2da836220df660e6.jpg

I still have to wait a few days for the 8700k to arrive until i can finish the build.

2 hours ago, Sativa said:

@r3loAded Okay, today the X42 and the Z370-I arrived, i made a few test fits in the UMX3 and experienced some issues. First of all, i had to rotate the Pump because it would block of both RAM slots. I know, the NZXT Logo is now sideways, but i think i just wont light it up. Next, the Radiator + Fan didn't fit because the CPU Power connector on the MoBo was interfering. SO i took a saw and a file and took one of the Corners of the fan of and voila, it fits. Its really close, i have like 1mm left for Rad+Fan.

I still have to wait a few days for the 8700k to arrive until i can finish the build.

That looks tight. But man the way you routed the aio tubing looks really nice IMO. And that NZXT logo aren't they circles? So it will looks nice in any orientation?

Anyway, as long you don't have any other interferences this should work as intended. 

That's to be expected with ITX builds. But you did a great job IMO.