Modem and Router Setup help please!

Stages

Hi guys i am planning to buy a new modem and router but i was just wondering if i needed to get an expensive modem or not so that it doesn't bottleneck the router. 

I can only find modem router combos in Australia so i will be planning to use bridge mode. My internet is ADSL2+ which isn't that great but will upgrade soon.  

Any help would be nice thank you. 

It's pretty standard for companies to upgrade your router when you upgrade your internet. I would wait and see what they give you then decide if you need something better. However, a better router/modem may not mean better speeds if the router your ISP gives you is already "putting out" all the ISP gives it.

41 minutes ago, Stages said:

Hi guys i am planning to buy a new modem and router but i was just wondering if i needed to get an expensive modem or not so that it doesn't bottleneck the router. 

I can only find modem router combos in Australia so i will be planning to use bridge mode. My internet is ADSL2+ which isn't that great but will upgrade soon.  

Any help would be nice thank you. 

upgrading your modem while on ADSL2 would most likely not change anything. The router itself would only matter if you wish to have better wireless speed and/or strength. Then again, it all matters what you currently have. 

11 hours ago, MimigaKing said:

upgrading your modem while on ADSL2 would most likely not change anything. The router itself would only matter if you wish to have better wireless speed and/or strength. Then again, it all matters what you currently have. 

All i have is the one provided by my ISP and it really is slow.