Hey all,

Here are the specs of my PC before I go into things:

CPU: i5-4690k
COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212x

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB
MOBO: Asus Z97-PRO GAMER
PSU: Antec VP700P

Now, I used to use an i3-4160 with this configuration, bar obviously the CPU, but I recently decided to upgrade. I bought a used i5-4690k and I've been assured that the seller made sure that it was in working condition in his own rig. The problem is that I can't seem to get this CPU to post on my own hardware whatsoever. I've made sure that my BIOS is on the latest version that supports Devil's Canyon and I've tried it on two separate motherboards. Both give a solid DRAM LED when trying to boot and I can't understand as to why. When I place my older CPU into my two rigs, they post just fine.

Anyone have a solution that could help me out?

10 minutes ago, DomFrost said:

Hey all,

Now, I used to use an i3-4160 with this configuration, bar obviously the CPU, but I recently decided to upgrade. I bought a used i5-4690k and I've been assured that the seller made sure that it was in working condition in his own rig. The problem is that I can't seem to get this CPU to post on my own hardware whatsoever. I've made sure that my BIOS is on the latest version that supports Devil's Canyon and I've tried it on two separate motherboards. Both give a solid DRAM LED when trying to boot and I can't understand as to why. When I place my older CPU into my two rigs, they post just fine.

if 2 motherboards with updated BIOs that support Devils Canyon and it still can't post, then it sounds like a dead CPU. I would return the CPU or get a refund.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 minutes ago, DomFrost said:

Hey all,

How you actually seen the cpu working on the seller’s computer because if your older cpu is work than it’s sounds like you bought a broken cpu