New Cisco 1832 constant traffic to NSA?

mynameisjuan
6 hours ago, Lurick said:

I pulled up the internal bug information. It's a result of a bad code port from Meraki code into the mainline code for the non-Meraki APs :)

That should have been cl;eared before they sell the AP IMO so i wouldn't be so sure that this is ALL that is happening and i am not saying that it is purposely done. One thing i have found is that when you install DDWRT on some of these APs and routers without clearing the NVRAM you sometimes get new MACs and IPs that are not supposed to be there as if it is a system that can be triggered and yet the AP and router works as if it is legit MACs and IPs which throws off all i learnt about Networking and proper practices.

I guess you didn't telnet in and clear the NVRAM via windows or PuttY right? A next thing is that there is a "special" code, Buffalotech used this is a 2.27/2.29 frimware for their MU-MIMO routers, that the vendors have to put in APs and routers that is there to lock down or prevent the end user from fully clearing the NVRAM unless you can connect directly to the serial connector and most vendors are now removing the serial connector but leaving the pin layout open.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.