X62 Crooked Backplate?!

Hey guys!

I had troubles with temperature spiking on my i7700k for a few months and firstly I thought that it might be the chip.

Case: NZXT S340 ELITE

CPU: i7 7700k

Motherboard: Maximus Hero IX

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

But secondly I always thought that it might be the loose backplate of the X62 at the back: 

FIGURE 1

image1.thumb.jpeg.c4f2e7ea3ccede456fc83f14cba01015.jpeg

FIGURE 2

image2.thumb.jpeg.88963441790c7b553939c8a932a7260e.jpeg

FIGURE 3

image3.thumb.jpeg.ed4eb91d6788da298a051afc79ee20f8.jpeg

I have seen several posts saying that its supposed to be loose, but as you can see the bottom right standoff, from the perspective of FIGURE 1, is very crooked and much further apart than the other standoffs.

The problem being is that I don't want to break anything before I try it, because as you can see in FIGURE 2 and FIGURE 3 there are motherboard pins between the backplate and the motherboard that could break if the backplate is too tight.

Thats why I wanted to ask you if this is ok? Is it normal that its the bottom right is that loose?

Thank you for your help!

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

2 hours ago, BlackMirror said:

-SNIP-

It shouldn't be like that try taking off the pump block and holding the backplate flat when tightening down the fasteners, it should be flush with the back of the motherboard.